Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1525 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Being Helpful Pays.

Thread title: Being Helpful Pays.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old  Being Helpful Pays.

Since the official announcement "is reserved for program-related Q&As ONLY. All other comments and posts will be deleted", feel free to give your two cents here.

Obviously, questions about the paid posts system should be directed back to that announcement thread.

So, here are a couple of pennies from my piggy bank.

Thank you. Anything that promotes contributory activity here is welcome by me. If this only ends up bringing one well-thought-out post extra in a week (it's not a lot to ask) from anyone on the site, then that is a good step forward in itself.

Be nice. This is directed towards you, the TFL member, who I would urge to take advantage of the system but also to show it some respect. Use it as the intended impetuous to give some time and content back to the community, rather than a way to make a quick buck*.

* May not be so quick!

Concerns. Now this point may be entirely unfounded. Since there are only a couple of people clicking that "<whatever is on the reward-post button>" button, my concerns are primarily about a) missing really great posts (though, every great post is a bonus) and b) "unfair" rewards. By the last point, I mean anything from choosing not to reward someone because they've made a million great posts this week through to rewarding friends because you like them, and anything in between. Of course, feel free to announce to the community that anything like that cannot and will not happen. For the first point, perhaps the staff could get a little page showing posts that the community likes (via the "thanks" button), or force (hehe) the staff to view each and every single post ever made here?

Finally. A practical note; can you change the "awarded $0.xx" button that gets displayed in the postbit to match whatever theme is being used? At work I browse using the default vBulletin theme (the orange/green hurts my eyes on the big monitor!) and at the moment having the orange button there just looks broken.

So, folks, go and be helpful.

Thanked by:
Artashes (11-08-2010)