Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1600 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Windows Forum Skin

Thread title: Windows Forum Skin
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
08-21-2006, 07:32 AM
BeNzY is offline BeNzY
Software:

BeNzY is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BeNzY Send a message via MSN to BeNzY Send a message via Yahoo to BeNzY Send a message via Skype™ to BeNzY

Old  Windows Forum Skin

I am still working on it but here is what I have so far.... I know I need to adjust the log in and add some things but I was wondering what everyone thought of the overall look thus far...

08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Not really liking the heavy gradients in the status, forum, last post, posts, and threads boxes but I'm just not a fan of those heavy gradients in the content area and your post bit is always the same :/

08-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Aaron Moody is offline Aaron Moody
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

Aaron Moody is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Aaron Moody

Old

I thhink it looks nice, however it seems as though the main area is just floating randomly there . perhaps making a more detailed background would aid this, however, nice none the less. also agree with implup about the heavy gradients.

08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
blindchild02 is offline blindchild02
Software:

blindchild02 is on a distinguished road

Old

why do you keep designing the postbit like the one someone designed for you at your forums?

08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
BeNzY is offline BeNzY
Software:

Send a message via AIM to BeNzY Send a message via MSN to BeNzY Send a message via Yahoo to BeNzY Send a message via Skype™ to BeNzY

Old

Originally Posted by blindchild02
why do you keep designing the postbit like the one someone designed for you at your forums?

First I am trying to perfect the look of that. I will do something different on the next skin which I will start later today. I like that look and most all of the users like the look.. For that reason alone is a great reason to keep on making them. There will be changes coming soon I am sure of it but for two weeks in the designing field I guess I am just working a few things more then others until I feel they are good enough.

Someone said something about the space and you are so right it has been bothering me on what to do with the background

08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

Looks o.k., but the gradients in the forumbit need to be toned down (so they mesh better, just because they are reversed doesn't mean that they are stylish, you need to make them flow, they look too choppy.) The header is OK, but the vector brushes are a little too sporatic, they look chaotic. I will comment on the postbit when it is complete.

08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by mydrc
I am still working on it but here is what I have so far.... I know I need to adjust the log in and add some things but I was wondering what everyone thought of the overall look thus far...

Comments:
  • The Windows "Emblum" should be the official one by MS, the one you have near the logo is ugly
  • Don't make the page BG a repeating image, it increases page load time and bandwidth, just make it that color.
  • The navigation below the header is sort of, weird. take away the boxes that surround every nav clickable element and just use a non-filtered text and list options.

08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Cole
The navigation below the header is sort of, weird. take away the boxes that surround every nav clickable element and just use a non-filtered text and list options.
I think he was trying to go for the Windows Taskbar look on the navigation

08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
BeNzY is offline BeNzY
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Impluo
I think he was trying to go for the Windows Taskbar look on the navigation

Yeah exactly, I actually took a screen shot and started working with that in mind... I was thinking this way..

There are so many people out there that don't use forums because they don't understand them even when it only takes a day or so to see how they really operate. So that brought me to think of a theme that everyone should understand... And thats my way of thinking.. But everyone thank you so much on your comments and when I finish this I will post it for more comments but again thank you to all...

08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Why not try something that's NEVER been done before and add a little trick. I wouldn't mind saying it here though.

Don't even show the forums, but show a navigation bar from windows bearing the category name in place of "start" and then have the forum names in place of the different application buttons. So when someone clicks on the category name ("start button"), the forums appear with the same visual appearance as the thing that comes up after hitting the start button.

It would be very unique.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >