Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1615 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Presenting Web-Based Work in Person (Guidance)

Thread title: Presenting Web-Based Work in Person (Guidance)
Closed Thread    
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old  Presenting Web-Based Work in Person (Guidance)

I wanted to see if anyone had an idea on how I would put together a physical portfolio to send to a review team at a college I am planning to attend, and I wanted to present my web-based work on paper, such as in a portfolio folder/binder where I can place the work in the protective, plastic sheets. They require/prefer that most of the displayed work is physically archived in a folder or container. They do not want slideshows, image discs, ect...

If anyone would help me out on what I should consider, such as the guidance through taking my web work and making it presentable on decent print paper, it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
vX

12-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

If you still have PSDs of your web work, then your best bet for the best quality is to print from there, if not, then just paste together screenshots of the site from a browser (don't try and use the print function from the browser) and print those out. Make sure you have access to a good quality printer though, and get some thick printing paper, preferably glossy.

Make sure you get it to fit width-ways in portrait mode, and it would be better if it could fit on one side of A4 per site, but don't scale them down to fit on A4 if they are too long and cropping long reams of text or repeating elements isn't an option.

12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Alright, thanks for your help. I was definitely thinking about glossy paper, and this was very helpful.

Thanks for your guidance.

Closed Thread