Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1706 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

What do YOU want to see happen?

Thread title: What do YOU want to see happen?
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
This site is also missing salathe in a bad way
Funny how it can miss someone who's around all the time. Unless you means running the show, in which case Artashes seems to be fulfilling that role suitably.

07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
I'd like to see, vB 4.0+ with new theme and a chatbox/shoutbox , Also I think TFL should get a blog where good writers from here can submit some articles

Both items are on our hit list.
We'll go to vB's latest update with the new release.
We also plan on an inspirational design/webmaster blog.

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Would there be a way to restrict how many frequent posts newcomers can make in general discussion. Every few days some newbie who thinks post count matters post a large number of substanceless posts in general discussion. This is really annoying. Perhaps a solution would be a three minute waiting time for <4 day members with a message warning them that spamming the forum will get them in trouble.

I agree as well and if it is technically possible, we'll implement something. At this time, when we see a new member "spamming" their way through thinking high post count makes a difference, we delete some of their non-sense posts that add zero value and send these members a personal note via PM explaining the decision and sharing what kind of posting standard we expect. Being personal is one of the moderating policies we want to establish.

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
Maybe the best way would be if moderators were to check and PM the members accordingly.

See above. We do that already.

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
I would also like to see someone else as staff who could help the site out as she has the knowledge and drive to get talkfreelance on track. I think Jordan would make a fantastic addition to staff.

We have a pool of members that we are watching and look at as potential staff members. At this particular point we are happy with where we are, but we make monthly reviews and its possible in the next few months we'll see new faces taking the leap into the moderating routine as well.

07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I would like to have Tapatalk ( http://www.tapatalk.com/ ) installed. Nice app to browse forum from your mobile device.

07-16-2010, 11:54 AM
JimH10 is offline JimH10
Software:

JimH10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
We have a pool of members that we are watching and look at as potential staff members. At this particular point we are happy with where we are, but we make monthly reviews and its possible in the next few months we'll see new faces taking the leap into the moderating routine as well.
Is this "pool" like the "duck pond" game in the carnival game section? I think the moderator team should have been voted on like it was done before. And no, it doesn't take anyone from before to know what's going on. Anyone with a brain, and eyes can see and read the dirty laundry for the past how many years, it's aired out in the back yard, just look.

Adding staff isn't like bobbing for apples, and the apples bitten from the barrel shouldn't be made staff. It should be a community vote. Again, no offense to the current staff. I like most of the current staff (although I haven't been here that long to actually know them, but shh), but it's the way it's being handled that it's everyone's concern. Or not.

Run it down the line, and slap an "approved sticker" on it, done deal. No lifetime warranty, no refunds, sorry. Put Jordan on staff.

07-16-2010, 11:54 AM
hakem is offline hakem
Software:

hakem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to hakem

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Would there be a way to restrict how many frequent posts newcomers can make in general discussion. Every few days some newbie who thinks post count matters post a large number of substanceless posts in general discussion. This is really annoying. Perhaps a solution would be a three minute waiting time for <4 day members with a message warning them that spamming the forum will get them in trouble.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103998

I dont know if it will work with the current version . I will try to find another one

07-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Trim View Post
I would like to have Tapatalk ( http://www.tapatalk.com/ ) installed. Nice app to browse forum from your mobile device.

I've come across it before, Trim. It is a nice app, but seems like it is a community of its own - it opens up doors to any community that has Tapatalk installed. We have just recently introduced a mobile skin specifically for us. Check it out: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=71446 It looks great on both iPhone and Android devices.

Originally Posted by JimH10 View Post
Is this [...] Or not.

Jim, this is not the correct thread to discuss and argue about this matter. This one is.

This thread is for collecting ideas for specific tools, functionalities and content that members would like to see/read/use in the future, so we can plan it along with the new release of the forum.

Originally Posted by hakem View Post
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103998

I dont know if it will work with the current version . I will try to find another one

We need to start focusing predominantly on vB 4.0+ version.

07-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
I've come across it before, Trim. It is a nice app, but seems like it is a community of its own - it opens up doors to any community that has Tapatalk installed. We have just recently introduced a mobile skin specifically for us. Check it out: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=71446 It looks great on both iPhone and Android devices.
I`m just suggesting, personally I really like Tapatalk as it gets only data to my phone and saves my internet packages ^^.
You talk about community, maybe it brings some community, it`s always advantage when forum supports multiple ways of access and in this case for forum owner Tapatalk it totaly free.

07-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Old

We will seriously review it once again and if we like it, I wouldn't mind having it.
Appreciate the idea, Trim!

07-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

I'd like to see the forum focus back on freelancing. At the moment it strikes me as more of a web development forum.

It'd also be nice to have fresh, unique content published regularly written by veteran freelancers/business people - not 2-bit webmasters.

I couldn't give a monkey's about the skin as long as the content is worth sticking around for.

07-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

From my past experience, shoutboxes usually lead to a massive amount of spam from users. Even if you did disable the hyperlinks and spam filters, there are some who would constantly try to use that as a form of advertising. One solution to this would be to allow usage of the shoutbox after having X amount of posts to prevent newcomers from registering, only utilizing that as a means of entrepreneurship.

In my opinion, yes I love the idea of a shout box, but with everything involved and with this community's marketplace being the center point of freelance interaction for the most part, I wouldn't implement it.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >