Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1104 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Questions to New Owner

Thread title: Questions to New Owner
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Doughnuts, huh?

06-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Didn't want to create a new thread as I just wanted to ask what has happened to activity? Seem's as dead as when the other guy owned it. :S

06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Dan, we have a new contest launching in June to support some activity.

We also have just baselined new marketplace regulations that should support activity as well. There are, however, too many elements to consider as we have lots of marketplace forums and existing permissions in place.

06-07-2010, 02:23 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Looking forward to all the changes - although I'm not from the old crowd - new here myself.

06-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Dan, we have a new contest launching in June to support some activity.

We also have just baselined new marketplace regulations that should support activity as well. There are, however, too many elements to consider as we have lots of marketplace forums and existing permissions in place.
Ah that's cool. Shall look forward to the changes and comp. (:

06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Sounds interesting, looking forward to see that and take part .

06-11-2010, 08:12 AM
JimH10 is offline JimH10
Software:

JimH10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Why take so long though? To make these wonderful changes? All these changes were promised long before the new owner took over, yet it's still not done... I'm starting to believe regardless of the domains, and purpose of most (freelance boards) them, they are failing. The boards are what the owners make of it, and so far, seeing from the many vast boards online, they're all failing. The whole point of selling Talkfreelance.com was to get some change going here, yet the new owner is pussy footing around with that. Why should it take a month plus to do it, or more? Come on! I'm new here, and joined when the new owner took over... Yet to see some change. The marketplace is still shit, no one to moderate it properly. Everyone is still carrying on convos in there, it's not a convo place, the skin still hasn't changed, the other areas are still crumbling, the only live and active place is the General Discussion forum. Really? Get the lead out... When the dreams stop, and reality begins, let me know... I'd surely like to begin a truthful and legit life here.

06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

You seem very opinionated for someone so new to the site (not that that's a bad thing in general).

There have been changes (for the better, and worse) since Artashes took over the helm and things do appear to be dragging along. I've no idea whether that's the case behind-the-scenes, but from a client-facing (i.e. us) point of view it's just same-old-TF: lots of best wishes but little in the way of real change of any sort.

06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by JimH10 View Post
Why take so long though? To make these wonderful changes? All these changes were promised long before the new owner took over, yet it's still not done... I'm starting to believe regardless of the domains, and purpose of most (freelance boards) them, they are failing. The boards are what the owners make of it, and so far, seeing from the many vast boards online, they're all failing. The whole point of selling Talkfreelance.com was to get some change going here, yet the new owner is pussy footing around with that. Why should it take a month plus to do it, or more? Come on! I'm new here, and joined when the new owner took over... Yet to see some change. The marketplace is still shit, no one to moderate it properly. Everyone is still carrying on convos in there, it's not a convo place, the skin still hasn't changed, the other areas are still crumbling, the only live and active place is the General Discussion forum. Really? Get the lead out... When the dreams stop, and reality begins, let me know... I'd surely like to begin a truthful and legit life here.
So, is this Spencer or Randy? I can't view IPs.

Edit:
Even if there haven't been much visible change yet, we have had an active admin who contributes and is on every day. If Artashes says they are planning things, I believe him. If you are not confident, look at it this way. Zee had no interest of any sort for the site, Artashes payed a good deal of money for this site so it represents a significant investment. People with strong financial stake on something don't just leave it.

06-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Big changes are what is required at TF. This is obvious.
Big changes take time to plan and execute well. I know we've been waiting for changes for a long time and it's not surprising that people are impatient. All we, as staff, can say is that changes are being planned and will take place soon.

We've all had to wait a long time, but it will take a little while to make TF better. VG has a great viewpoint. Hopefully you agree with him

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >