Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1933 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

Looking for quotes for a completely custom script, also extra jobs.

Thread title: Looking for quotes for a completely custom script, also extra jobs.
Closed Thread    
07-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old  Looking for quotes for a completely custom script, also extra jobs.

How2Freelance is an Article Website for freelancers, providing articles on all areas of freelancing.
It will also have tutorials.

Here's what I need the script to be able to do:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Administrator Control Panel
I need an administrator control panel which needs to be able to:
Manage (create, modify, delete, suspend) accounts of normal visitors that sign up on How2Freelance
Create / edit / delete accounts of article writers (also be able to set permissions)
Add / Edit / delete articles
Add / edit / delete article categories
Create / edit / delete accounts of tutorial writers (also be able to set permissions)
Add / Edit / delete tutorials
Add / Edit / delete tutorial categories
Add / edit / remove news posts
Have an area to view statistics of visitors, database (e.g. number of articles)
Have an area to control advertisements, a custom built ad rotator into the script would be ideal and then an area inside the administrator control panel to control the advertisements and set views, how long to run etc.

Writers Control Panel
A control panel for tutorial and article writers, but depending on which type logs in they do different things, I.E article writers put in articles, tutorial writers put in turorials and are allowed to add images.
They must be able to add and edit articles, only THEIR own articles / tutorials for standard writers. Head writers (more permissions) can add and modify and edit articles of anyones...

Another thing that the script has to do.
When a writer puts in a tutorial or article w/e into the submit form (create new article eg.) when they hit submit it must not appear on the site, instead it must be sent to my (admin) control panel and appear on the main cp page under a category "To Be Published" or w/e. I need to be able to open the articles, check through them edit anything like grammar etc. then when I have done so I click publish and its published on the website. (also the changes appear in the writers area aswell)

The Website etc...
When a article or tutorial is published, it will need to automatically appear on the website in order of newest > oldest on the article / tutorial pages. It will also need to appear on the latest articles / tutorials area on the main page (3 latest articles, 3 latest tutorials). The latest news will appear at the top of the index page as seen in the site design (http://www.how2freelance.com/site-design/index.htm) and there will only ever appear 5 news posts, with the option for a visitor to go through a news archive which would go to a new page, similarly laid out with multiple pages (10 news items per page, new page when it passes this count) Visitors, if it is a long news post will need to be able to select to view the full news post which will go to again a new page laid out the same but with the full news post and no other.

When a category is added, it will need to appear on the website automatically in the area as you can see on the site design, there will also be another box like this for the tutorial categories. Because the article and tutorial categories will automatically have to be added to these boxes they will also have to be added to the sub nav which appears when a user roles over a navigation option such as 'Articles' and those sub-nav options must stay there until the visitor roles over a different navigation item.

You see on all the pages in the design there is a box on the left entitled 'User Login'. I would like normal visitors to sign up so that they can rate the articles / tutorials and also add comments, the comments should appear at the end of every article / tutorial and should be so that only 5 comments can show per page, if there are more there is an option to show the other comments by going to a seperate page but only that section of the whole page loading different information while the rest of the webpage remains the same.

The sign up form will need all the basic requirements, Username, password, password verification, email, sign up for newsletter? (tickbox).

If possible, when a user signs up I would it to also create an account for them on the forums, if this is not possible then maybe they make an account on the forums and it also creates an account for them on the website so they can leave comments etc. ? If not then revert to they have to sign up seperately.

After all of this the website design will have to be implimented into the script, and extra coding done, e.g. javascript rollovers and CSS styles.

That's all the information for now.

I don't have a budget but I've had a quote for $700 which is ok but I'm looking around... Quote away!

07-19-2005, 10:42 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i can do all that, but i'd have to go over all the details before giving a real quote, but it'd be roughly in the same area i'd imagine, something like $800 CAD ($~650 USD)

07-20-2005, 04:11 AM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

I just love that site design!

07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Derek I will PM you when I get home from work.

Thanks Blip, credit does of course go to stenson as he designed it

07-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Just a 'little' (ok quite a bit) extra information.

I know only the basics of PHP, but it does seem to be that this site will need to have a complete PHP and MySQL backend.

Apart from this, there are other jobs that I would need you to do which I didn't mention in much detail in the above post.
These are:

A complete CSS style for the website (links, normal text, rollovers, text in text boxes etc. etc.)
----------
A completely coded Navigation (see the top navigation and bottom), The top navigation will also need a sub navigation, as far as I know this would be done in javascript?
----------
Also in the Admin CP, I would very much like myself or you, or a coder etc. to be able to change the site design around the system if ever a new website is designed, without effecting the content or script (e.g. no errors occuring). I would probably hire the chosen programmer to do this if the need ever arrised.
----------
The forum software will be vbulletin, My designer is going to design it whenever I ask him to. I will need the programmer to be able to impliment the forum into the design (if the chosen programmer cannot do anything with VB I will hire a seperate coder to work alongside you and to code the vbulletin skin and intergrate it into the design).
----------
With the template writers being able to upload images, they would be able to upload multiple images and be able to place them in the tutorial where they see fit and be able to change the size etc. If the image is bigger than say, 300x300 pixels then it will need to appear in the tutorial as a small image (say 150x150 pixels) that can be clicked on by a reader which will open a pop-up window with the full image.
----------
With both types of writers, they would need a full wysiwig editor to write the articles / tutorials. They will need to be able to format them also, e.g. font size, bold, underline etc. Also the wysiwig would need to be able to insert links with the text. But I'm sure when I say full wysiwig editor you get what I mean and what features would need to be included!

That again is all for now, but I am sure that there will be more soon.

To everyone that has replied or PM'd me thanks and keep doing so, people who are reading this thread only do so if you KNOW that you can take on the project, I don't want anyone that are only really interested because of the money and know that really, they wouldn't be able to complete the project.

Thanks,
How2Freelance.

07-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by How2Freelance
Just a 'little' (ok quite a bit) extra information.

I know only the basics of PHP, but it does seem to be that this site will need to have a complete PHP and MySQL backend.

Apart from this, there are other jobs that I would need you to do which I didn't mention in much detail in the above post.
These are:

A complete CSS style for the website (links, normal text, rollovers, text in text boxes etc. etc.)
----------
A completely coded Navigation (see the top navigation and bottom), The top navigation will also need a sub navigation, as far as I know this would be done in javascript?
----------
Also in the Admin CP, I would very much like myself or you, or a coder etc. to be able to change the site design around the system if ever a new website is designed, without effecting the content or script (e.g. no errors occuring). I would probably hire the chosen programmer to do this if the need ever arrised.
----------
The forum software will be vbulletin, My designer is going to design it whenever I ask him to. I will need the programmer to be able to impliment the forum into the design (if the chosen programmer cannot do anything with VB I will hire a seperate coder to work alongside you and to code the vbulletin skin and intergrate it into the design).
----------
With the template writers being able to upload images, they would be able to upload multiple images and be able to place them in the tutorial where they see fit and be able to change the size etc. If the image is bigger than say, 300x300 pixels then it will need to appear in the tutorial as a small image (say 150x150 pixels) that can be clicked on by a reader which will open a pop-up window with the full image.
----------
With both types of writers, they would need a full wysiwig editor to write the articles / tutorials. They will need to be able to format them also, e.g. font size, bold, underline etc. Also the wysiwig would need to be able to insert links with the text. But I'm sure when I say full wysiwig editor you get what I mean and what features would need to be included!

That again is all for now, but I am sure that there will be more soon.

To everyone that has replied or PM'd me thanks and keep doing so, people who are reading this thread only do so if you KNOW that you can take on the project, I don't want anyone that are only really interested because of the money and know that really, they wouldn't be able to complete the project.

Thanks,
How2Freelance.
Just a suggestion, but you might want to ask about getting feeds added

07-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
Just a suggestion, but you might want to ask about getting feeds added
Thanks, I will add that

07-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Bas is offline Bas
Expertise: Frontend, vBulletin
Software: Coda, Photoshop

Bas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bas

Old

I know I can do this, I'm making something simular at the moment with JS feeds and XML feeds, admin control panel, templating system, etc. kind of like yours but lots bigger.

If I were to make this for you though, I would charge around $600-$700.
I'm not available though, since I don't have enough time, but that's just a rough estimate I think other people would give you too.

(I thought you already had a coder at the time of your contest?)

07-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bas
I know I can do this, I'm making something simular at the moment with JS feeds and XML feeds, admin control panel, templating system, etc. kind of like yours but lots bigger.

If I were to make this for you though, I would charge around $600-$700.
I'm not available though, since I don't have enough time, but that's just a rough estimate I think other people would give you too.

(I thought you already had a coder at the time of your contest?)
Thanks for that.

I did have a coder... but he is not good enough for the project as ideas have advanced so much since I last talked to him.

I have found a group of programmers now who I am going to use.

How2Freelance is unlikely to launch before 2006, due to other dedications.

Thanks to all who have read and contacted me, but this request is now closed.

Closed Thread