Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2334 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Never Gonna Give You Up

Thread title: Never Gonna Give You Up
04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by textz View Post
I would totally agree with Aros - create a similar website, maybe install the members database at the new site, I know it might be "unethical" but it's also unethical to purchase a community and leave it in the dark. I would vote for Salathe to be the new owner as he seems quite experienced in running large forums.

Salathe, do you not already have access to the databases/site already? Did you sign some sort of agreement not to use the files, if not, I don't see anything illegal in that - he has the access/permissions already.

BTW, I wonder how many people got rick rolld!?
When staff comes, you don't need a contract to make it illegal to steal content. All content on the site in the intellectual property of Zee or the original owners. That would be like me creating a new mortgage company and taking all the clients of my current one since I can access their websites. That is illegal.

04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
When staff comes, you don't need a contract to make it illegal to steal content. All content on the site in the intellectual property of Zee or the original owners. That would be like me creating a new mortgage company and taking all the clients of my current one since I can access their websites. That is illegal.
I guess so, but I'm sure it says something about that in your contract with your firm?

04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by textz View Post
I guess so, but I'm sure it says something about that in your contract with your firm?
Yes, but it doesn't have to.

04-08-2009, 02:31 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I thought it was funny myself actually. "Never Gonna Give You Up", it kind of goes both ways. It appears that Big Zee is "Never gonna give you(Talkfreelance.com) up" to someone that could actually be a good Admin and be around all the time. And then the general members, that are always finding themselves here everyday. They're never gonna give up on being here, because there's an attraction to it.

IMHO, I kinda agree with most earlier in the thread, start new. Members will follow if they're really wanting to do it. However, I don't really see that happening, because TFL is already established, their post counts are established, iTraders are established and so forth. Starting all over again, would be a killer and a lot of work in general.

Of course, posting new posts can always be fun, and getting iTraders back is probably not hard either, however, if you have 10 PLUS iTraders here, you'll have to sell your arse off again to get those iTraders back again. Although, it's not about THAT. It's about members and folks willing to dive into something new, fresh, and willing to take that huge leap of starting new and over again. And also giving up on Talkfreelance.com FOR that new start and new forum.

It would be hard, but with like what just had happened. Before anyone really realized it, the forums were down and couldn't be accessed. And in general real life, anything you own, rent, lease and what-not, could be taken in seconds. And everyone would be paddling up a creek without the paddle. All this ranting about Zee all the time, I'm surprised things weren't just deleted and removed within seconds by Zee himself already.

Either way, it would suck if people were in the middle of doing sales, sale threads or helping people, when the forums are instantly taken down and removed. Poof, gone! It could happen, you never know. I support the moderators and their decisions and such. If you do wrong, pay the price. If you do right, that's even better. It's a community of real life folks, coexisting here and at same time, trying to make some money when they can. But it's also about the "respect" in general.

If you show some, you'll get some in return. If not, then you won't. It's what makes TFL different than other crappy boards around the net. I think as a community, there needs to be a vote going or what-not, on how dedicated they really would be for starting something new. And actually following through with making the new community board flow and survive. However, I don't see that happening, because why do more work when you don't have too?

Starting over again is going to be a lot of work, and most really don't want to do all that again. I'm sure most feel that what they've done here, is good enough. They've all established themselves here, everyone else is joining and loving it too. It would be awesome if Zee came in here one day, and said... "Here, whoever wants this place, here's what I'll take for it." Then it's a done deal. But, I'm not sure when that will happen though. But remember, nothing lasts forever. So, again, I'd take votes on possibly starting something new... and see how many would be willing to follow...

Either way, it's a gamble. So, anyone up for gambling tonight?

P.S. Yeah, I wrote a book again. Time to call a publisher and try marketing it and etc etc. LOL!