Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1147 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Hating IE

Thread title: Hating IE
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
04-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Paul is offline Paul
Expertise:
Software:

Paul is on a distinguished road

Old

derek has a point.

Is it really that hard to code for both? No, at least I have no problem making it work for both.

04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
angryblue is offline angryblue
Expertise:
Software:

angryblue is on a distinguished road

Old

i just thought i'd bump the thread because at least a few times a week i want to break something do to some very simple style command not rending correctly in ie.

04-21-2005, 08:42 PM
floatingpoint is offline floatingpoint
Expertise:
Software:

floatingpoint is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't think M$ will EVER actually TRY to be css compliant. They do everything they can to ensure everyone HAS to stay with them for things to work. Microsoft just wants to make themselves the standard, that's all. I just use a Mac

As far as designing/coding for IE, it's not usually a big deal. I usually design stuff for FF (because it actually does what it's told) and then when I just assume I'll have to go back and tweak things to make it decent on IE. Firefox is the best, but like it or not, IE is still 70% of the market.

But if you think IE is bad on the PC - just try out IE for MAC - that is the largest pile of crap I've ever seen in my LIFE!!!

04-21-2005, 09:10 PM
angryblue is offline angryblue
Expertise:
Software:

angryblue is on a distinguished road

Old

yeah... it really is awful. i did a site that looks beautiful in firefox, iewin... but the iemac is just hideous for some reason. it had trouble interpreting/rendering simple things like background images.

04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

IE on Mac is horrible I must agree to that! But it's probably heavily outdated aswell, or no?

04-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Shawon is offline Shawon
Expertise:
Software:

Shawon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shawon Send a message via MSN to Shawon

Old

IE for mac is very bad, but IE 6 on XP isnt that bad, it just has a few differences from FF. not extremely hard to make compliant with IE6.

but its not cuz MS doesnt want to be css compliant or wants ppl to have to be with them or w/e its probably because IE6 is like 3 years old or something. FF is new thats y it has the best support for things, IE7 will most likely have support for the more newer standards and might be better than FF.

04-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Koobi is offline Koobi
Software:

Koobi is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Shawon
IE for mac is very bad, but IE 6 on XP isnt that bad, it just has a few differences from FF. not extremely hard to make compliant with IE6.

but its not cuz MS doesnt want to be css compliant or wants ppl to have to be with them or w/e its probably because IE6 is like 3 years old or something. FF is new thats y it has the best support for things, IE7 will most likely have support for the more newer standards and might be better than FF.

But browsers older than IE6 don't have as many problems as IE6 does. And Microsoft should make an attempt to update their software properly if it has bugs since people pay for it.

IE7 won't support partial transparencies in PNG's :/
Microsoft has been saying they will support it for the last 3-4 years but I don't see it hapenning with them. PNG's would make life a lot more easier and websites much nicer.

Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5