Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1505 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Photography Class

Thread title: Photography Class
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
03-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Geeko is offline Geeko
Expertise: Design, Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

Geeko is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Geeko

Old  Photography Class

Okay so I just started the photography course at my school and it absolutely bores the hell out of me. We have had 1 or 2 projects that actually sparked an interest though...But basically I am not very creative/imaginative so its hard for me to get good shots. Does anyone have ideas on improving creativity? Is it possible to do this? I just wanna try and enjoy the class but so far its not working...

03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Dentafrice is offline Dentafrice
Software:

Dentafrice is on a distinguished road

Old

What things interest you? The best shots are from the things that interest you the most, not some random picture you take

I had the same problem when I was in high school. My photography class bored the heck out of me, and could never get any great shots.

I visited some old abandoned warehouses in my area, and even pictures like an old rusty spiral staircase against a stormy cloud background.. was beautiful.

Are you using any effects at all? Sepia, B&W? Or just normal color? Sometimes adding those effects can turn an awful picture, to a beautiful masterpiece

03-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Geeko is offline Geeko
Expertise: Design, Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

Geeko is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Geeko

Old

I have tried a few different Photoshop effects and they all seem to suck...maybe I'm bad at image manip? But sports interested me alot and some nice sunsets/rises, but the teacher assigns specific projects like landscape photography so it makes it hard to do that...

03-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Dentafrice is offline Dentafrice
Software:

Dentafrice is on a distinguished road

Old

04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
ThrashGraphics is offline ThrashGraphics
Expertise:
Software:

ThrashGraphics is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to ThrashGraphics

Old

Go out at like 3am with your camera and you will see how amazing the sky and the street likes look when the skys a dark deep blue. Trust me it inspired me.

06-06-2008, 01:18 PM
mfashraf is offline mfashraf
Software:

mfashraf is on a distinguished road

Old

Well.. not if you're in a polluted country like Jakarta... You can't see a dam* thing.. I'm going to Malaysia tomorrow so I might just try that. Hopefully the skies are beautiful by then.

EDIT: My school's photography club is also boring and there's nothing to capture outside the school... Not much to learn either.. Just the basic stuffz... pfft..

06-19-2008, 07:43 AM
aaron-123 is offline aaron-123
Software:

aaron-123 is on a distinguished road

Old

I think you can read some graphic magzines. The ideas or the graphics there can help increase your creativity!

06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
jay28 is offline jay28
Software:

jay28 is on a distinguished road

Old

I took a photography class in college and thought it was the easiest class i ever took.

11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
eagerbeaver24 is offline eagerbeaver24
Software:

eagerbeaver24 is on a distinguished road

Old

You shouldn't have to be bored to learn about something you love. If you really want to hone your skills as a photographer, get out there and take pictures! If you want to learn a new thing or two, learn as you go along. If you want so-called 'formal' education, learn online. Heaven knows there's no shortage of photography courses online. Here's one: http://www.inst.org/photography-courses/become.htm, and there's more in Google.

When you really think about it, photography is all about talent, and unlike credits, you won't earn talent in a classroom. Hope this helps.

11-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Rys is offline Rys
Expertise:
Software:

Rys is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Rys Send a message via MSN to Rys

Old

Photography is the same as design. It takes talent, and a good eye. Its typical for a photographer to take hundreds of shots and only be satisfied with one or a few. When it comes to photography, especially if you're using digital, go snap happy. Getting different shots of the same subject gives you options down the road on how you want to portray the image.

When it comes to assignments being hard to get around, I know what you mean. I am currently an Digital Art/Photography major in college (jay28: take some traditional upper level photo classes and its not quite as easy), so I've had my fair share of boring topics. The thing you have to do is figure out how to make the topic your own. Something like landscape photography could mean so many things. I work a lot in the surreal and abstract with my art, and sometimes in my photography. I once did a landscape photo in abstract using a wall and street lights to create a fake landscape in black/white using different exposure times (click here)

If you really get interested in photography, learning the tips and tricks of the trade can help you be more creative just in the fact that you can look at something in front of you, and imagine 20 different ways to capture that same image. To me, thats just fun.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >