Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1682 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Portfolio Design...

Thread title: Portfolio Design...
Closed Thread    
06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
lostprophetpunk is offline lostprophetpunk
Software:

lostprophetpunk is on a distinguished road

Old  Portfolio Design...

I have been working on a portfolio design for a few days now, and I have finally finished it.

You can see the design here.

Feel free to give me comments and constructive criticism towards it.

06-29-2008, 08:06 PM
eg_arnous is offline eg_arnous
Expertise:
Software:

eg_arnous is on a distinguished road

Old

yeah nice to write to u : the design i didn't like at all the background is terrible and the circles don't like at all make another way to do more best in portfolio

07-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Bhavik is offline Bhavik
Software:

Bhavik is on a distinguished road

Old

agree with eg_arnous.....i dont feel like to be there on the page more thn few seconds....requires some color or design change so will become more easy to eyes

07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
caffeineromance is offline caffeineromance
Software:

caffeineromance is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to caffeineromance Send a message via AIM to caffeineromance Send a message via MSN to caffeineromance Send a message via Skype™ to caffeineromance

Old

Not good man....

07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
lostprophetpunk is offline lostprophetpunk
Software:

lostprophetpunk is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by caffeineromance View Post
Not good man....
You could have posted a better comment.

You could say what you don't like about it rather than just three words. I say this because I can still learn some things from comments from members (like the ones above your post). If you intended to post three simple words, why bother posting at all?

07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
chaoslight is offline chaoslight
Software:

chaoslight is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to chaoslight

Old

I know you spent a few days on this and it must be awful that people seem to be criticizing you on something that you feel you've spent a lot of time on. I know how you feel and I sympathize with you. However, I did not like the template, and feel that you should scrap this idea and go with another.

For starters, the background is not that great. Although such a pattern can be used in some designs, you have put too much contrast into it. For instance, they yellow and the blue. If you plan to use this type of background again I suggest keeping it the same color, in different shades. The logo is too simplistic, and the 2px stroked font is a bad idea in this case. Try making it more complex. On the topic of fonts, I'd also like to mention because, mainly, of the weird content area shape, the text is inconsistent with the design: You've decided to make the text at the top underneath "Welcome" go along the side of the content area, and I would advise against this.

The shape of the content area is also a bad idea. Try just using rounded rectangles, or maybe even just a rectangle for the main body. The circles are also a bad idea, and I think you should use maybe more rectangles inside the main content box. Circles aren't a good idea to use as content area, unless it goes with the design in some way. The Menus positioning is also bad. Usually with such a menu, you would place it ontop of the main content area, for instance if its a rectangle you would place it at the top of the rectangle, keeping the template consistent. However, because of the odd content area shape you haven't left yourself any room to do this, and thus making it seem out of place. Also instead of using the black you're using for the menu, I suggest going with a really dark color. Usually I'd put dark blue instead of black, or sometimes even dark gray depending on the template.

I hope this helps you, and good luck with making the most of your portfolio. Sorry if I was a bit critical..

07-25-2008, 03:43 AM
ahamedia is offline ahamedia
Software:

ahamedia is on a distinguished road

Old

Not my favorite. I would suggest you completely revamp the color scheme and the background design. Keep on working and you'll get there.

Good luck

07-26-2008, 05:20 AM
METHODz is offline METHODz
Software:

METHODz is on a distinguished road

Old

just a little to abstract for me, but its not bad man.

Closed Thread