Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1475 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Colour palette for maternity/midwife site

Thread title: Colour palette for maternity/midwife site
Closed Thread    
05-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old  Colour palette for maternity/midwife site

Hi, here's a colour palette I have been working on for a midwifery/maternity business. This business will also be decorating their premises based on the palette, so I need to get this right.

The top palette is my original colour thoughts for this site, but when getting them grouped together in Illustrator they are quite rich colours. I lowered the saturation of the tangerine and created the palette at the bottom.

The tangerine will be the base colour for the business, the yellows and pinks are the analogous colours for this tangerine. Then I have run two monocromatic light based triadic colours for the tangerines. This resulted in the mid and dark orange/browns. These will be used for highlights, areas of note.

I am also considering using a mix of the two palettes, the bulk of the site/business will be pastels, with the saturated versions used appropriately for added pizazz.

Please let me know your thoughts:

Attached Images
File Type: png maternity-palette-01.png (2.2 KB, 18 views)

05-22-2007, 01:18 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

what exactly are you asking here? is this the best colour combo?

personally, when i think maternity, i think baby: mom>baby>stork story>baby blue/beige and pastels. diapers always being blue/pink also renforce blue as my primary colour - as a male, i'd associate with boy diapers before girls.

05-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Mr.tyro is offline Mr.tyro
Expertise:
Software:

Mr.tyro is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mr.tyro

Old

Wow this si going to be one colorfull project but i say go for the second batch as the 1rst would be too colour full and would clash too much.

05-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Cheers Derek, I am just asking peoples thoughts on the palette for use in a maternity/midwives business.

I am in agreement with you in the use of blues/beiges and pinks to represent babies. But this business will be targeted towards expectant mothers, so I am working on a palette that will give the mothers a feeling of security, warmth, love etc.

Thanks Mr.tyro, The colours will be used in moderation, with tangerine as the base and others for small highlights (nav heading blocks etc).

I will be working on a blue based palette later tonight.

06-18-2007, 06:02 AM
James_Black is offline James_Black
Expertise:
Software:

James_Black is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to James_Black

Old

nice pallete, I like the first ones rich values, overall the second looks slightly washed out, the first one would breathe more life. As far as the base colour goes i think that you could maybe switch it up for a lighter value such as the one in the second pallete (but tweaked a bit). Im also thinking maybe modifying the tangerine to have a slightly closer value to the yellow, more washed out then the yellow. Theres some ideas from another set of eyes

06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks James, I have changed the palette a lot. It now incorporates blue as the main highlight. I wont post it here because it's unfinished

[edit]

6,000th post!!!

[/edit]

Closed Thread