Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1712 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

[WTS] High Performance, Custom Built Gaming & Multitasking PC - eBay Auction - L@@K!

Thread title: [WTS] High Performance, Custom Built Gaming & Multitasking PC - eBay Auction - L@@K!
05-22-2009, 03:29 AM
GM-EGS is offline GM-EGS
Expertise:
Software:

GM-EGS is on a distinguished road

Old  [WTS] High Performance, Custom Built Gaming & Multitasking PC - eBay Auction - L@@K!

*** Please excuse this thread if it's not posted in the correct forum, but this is the only forum that I could find that would suite this thread appropriately. I'm a college student and currently taking a major loss with a custom-built PC that I configured that I cannot figure out how to install Windows Vista 64-bit. I don't have the time to figure it out, so I gave up trying. Let my loss be your gain; details about the sale are below, followed by the link to the eBay auction. ***

Hello,

I am selling my custom-built gaming PC on eBay. To date, I have not been able to install Windows Vista 64-bit operating system on the PC because I have never installed Windows - let alone a 64-bit version - on a PC before.

Before I purchased Windows 64-bit - which I purchased on NewEgg (OEM version) and comes with this sale - I was able to successfully install openSUSE 64-bit Linux on this PC and verify that all the parts work and function 100% correctly.

I don't know what it is but I guess I'm not smart enough to install Vista 64-bit. I've tried week after week over a period of about three months and just don't have the time anymore to continue trying to install it.

Let my loss on this system be your gain - this computer was custom configured by myself for gaming and multitasking. It features high performance hard drives for gaming and multitasking and high capacity hard drives for back-up and storage. The computer also features 8GB of DDR2-1066mhz RAM for speed and performance, as well as multitasking. The CPU is a quad-core AMD processor, a Phenom II x4 940 (4x 3ghz) processor, which outperforms that Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and supposedly overclocks with ease. For gaming I chose one of the best video cards on the market, the XFX nVidia 9800GTX+ 512mb. The PC has an amazing Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P motherboard to support all of it's components, as well as a high performance 750w power supply unit to power the system with room for growth (in case you want to add another part in the future).

This was supposed to be the system of my dreams, but I do not have the time or skill to install the operating system. I need the money back to buy another PC preinstalled with Windows Vista 64-bit, so that I can continue writing my papers and doing projects at home for my college courses. The following auction is being hosted on eBay, with a starting bid of $599.99; seriously, let my loss be your gain. This is an awesome custom-built computer made for gaming and multitasking, with high performance. I built this system knowing there would be no need for a computer upgrade for at least five years. Nevertheless, here is the auction; good luck and happy bidding:
Custom Built Gaming PC - AMD Phenom x4 940 - 8GB RAM - eBay Auctions