Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1311 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

[$$$$] phpBB guru needed!

Thread title: [$$$$] phpBB guru needed!
Closed Thread    
01-19-2008, 04:08 PM
NetAtom is offline NetAtom
Software:

NetAtom is on a distinguished road

Old  [$$$$] phpBB guru needed!

[$$$$] phpBB guru needed!

Description:
phpBB v2 and v3 expert needed for open ended project

Position: phpBB Overlord

Salary or Project Budget: Name your price

Company Name: ForumMonkeys

Contact Name: David

Links: Company Website

Description:
I own two forum skin sites, ForumMonkeys and vBmode. I am looking for a partner to port the vBulletin skins over to phpBB, and to provide occasional support for them.

Key Responsibilities:

The first task would be porting all of the vBulletin skins over to phpBB. A lot of skins have already been ported over, but need to be updated. There's a lot of skins. All ports need to be tested in IE7, Firefox, and IE6, and the major pages must validate. In most cases, most if not all of the custom code should be tableless XHTML + CSS, if possible.

The second responsibility would be supporting the skins and updating them when new software releases warrent it. There is very, very little support that needs to be done and if you are familiar with forum software, you know template updates are also pretty rare and minor, with the exception of major releases, which are few and far between. You'll get full access to everything you need.

Compensation:

For the first part, porting the skins, I can pay a flat fee, adjusted for difficulty of the skin (some are more complex than others). This fee is negotiable, but would be in the low $xxx range.

For the second part, support, I can pay you your hourly rate for all the work you do supporting the skin.

Eventually, I would like to bring you on as a partner heading up the phpBB side of things after a certain trial period. At that point we could stick to the above or change compensation to an alternative which probably would mean more money, on a steady basis: payment would be exactly one half of ALL template sales for the software you support. This is almost like free money, as there's very little support that needs to be done. The majority of the work is the occasional update, while the bulk of the few support questions you get are "what template is X element in, so I can change it" or "how do I add X element". Simple stuff. How much a month is half? I could only guess based on vBulletin sales that if all skins are ported over and consistently updated it would be in the $300-$700 range for probably, again just a guess, the equivalent of about 5 hours of work a month doing support/updates, if that.

Interested?

If you are reliable, and know your software and XHTML + CSS, please send me a PM with a little blurb about your experience, what you've done, what you do, whatever you think is relevant. Links to any work you have done would be awesome too. Also, let me know what you have in mind for a flat fee. I would definitely be willing to pay more for someone who is reliable, organized, and demonstrably knows their stuff. Feel free, of course, to ask questions in this thread or privately.

Closed Thread