Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1359 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

[Needed] Computer Choice Help

Thread title: [Needed] Computer Choice Help
Closed Thread    
02-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Randy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Randy

Old  [Needed] Computer Choice Help

Ok, so i plan to by a new computer to play games and to do my freelance work on, cause the current one is an old Dell Latitude from back when windows 98 was around. I need help picking a computer that will run Adobe Photoshop CS2, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Counter Strike Source, Diablo EXP, Far Cry, and some other computer games. My budget is around $35/monthly, as I'm putting a payment down on a house, cause im getting kicked out of my apartment. It can be a desktop or laptop, as long as it will run the programs listed above. It can have wireless internet (perferred) or need a wire, i have both. Doesnt need to come with speakers, monitor, mouse, keyboard I have some good ones that i like. I basically just need the tower, i have been found an Alienware laptop for about $31 monthly, that looks reliable, But I'm still looking for more. Thank you in advance.

Sincerly,
Randy

02-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Build your own, you will save literal thousands

02-28-2007, 03:30 AM
Dizzee is offline Dizzee
Expertise:
Software:

Dizzee is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dizzee

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Build your own, you will save literal thousands
sadly this really isnt true anymore... it used to be the case...
but now with rebates and all that jazz and the fact that PCs are in such high demand and companies like dell just push them out their ass everysecond, its cheaper to get a pre-built computer and just customize it to your needs, also no place i know of could you pay monthly on pc parts (only way to go would be to put it all on a CC)

you say you want a tower, and then your looking at an alienware laptop? which one is it? alienware makes FANTASTIC machines, great hardware, great support... but they are a bit pricy. i would look into a dell xps or even a dell inspiron (S?) the reason why the lower inspiron is because it has a nice feature called media play or soemthing like that and you could just upgrade it to be as good as a XPS (and i think the xps is ugly)

02-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

Well if your planning on doing all of that first thing is that you should go for a desktop.

if so Go for the Dell XPS 410 its 30 a month

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

total is around 999 but if you get extra stuff that will bump up the price a bit.

02-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Old

Awsome, thanks for the ideals guys, and the suggestions, and i am looking at a laptop as i can just take my monitor and hook it up to the back like i do to the one i have now. I totally didnt even think about buying a Dell because the one i have now is a piece of ****, but if you guys think there desktops are good, then i can go with that. But I'm looking at laptops, because i go to "Starbucks" all the time to write my book that i'm writing, and laptops are just useful there. Ok, well i'm going to keep looking and hope for more suggestions.

Thanks,

02-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Imac is offline Imac
Expertise:
Software:

Imac is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Imac Send a message via MSN to Imac

Old

Mac :d:d:d:d

02-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Old

I was suggested mac pro by my friend, but there cheapest is around $50/monthly, which is a bit more then i can afford at the moment.

I took a look at the Dell computer you suggested, and this is what i customized it to, tell me what you think, or if i should upgrade or downgrade something.

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 (2MB L2 Cache,1.86GHz,1066 FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
MEMORY 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
MONITORS 19 inch E197FP Analog Flat Panel
VIDEO CARD 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS
SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

My Accessories
SPEAKERS Dell AS501PA 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs for Analog Flat Panels
HEADPHONES LOGITECH Precision PC Gaming Headset
KEYBOARD & MOUSE Merc PC Gaming Keyboard (ships separately)
MOUSE Dell Optical USB Mouse
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included
MODEM 56K PCI Data Fax Modem

My Software
PRODUCTIVITY No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
ANTI-VIRUS & SECURITY McAfee SecurityCenter with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-months
comes to around $38/monthly which is about what i have to afford. And if i need some money to make this payment ill just take a small part. but Mac's and i don't get along. last time i had a mac, my friend chucked it into the pool. and so, yeah i don't buy them anymore.

03-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

Originally Posted by Dizzee View Post
sadly this really isnt true anymore... it used to be the case...
but now with rebates and all that jazz and the fact that PCs are in such high demand and companies like dell just push them out their ass everysecond, its cheaper to get a pre-built computer and just customize it to your needs, also no place i know of could you pay monthly on pc parts (only way to go would be to put it all on a CC)

you say you want a tower, and then your looking at an alienware laptop? which one is it? alienware makes FANTASTIC machines, great hardware, great support... but they are a bit pricy. i would look into a dell xps or even a dell inspiron (S?) the reason why the lower inspiron is because it has a nice feature called media play or soemthing like that and you could just upgrade it to be as good as a XPS (and i think the xps is ugly)

Not true at all. Yes they're the same price as building your own, or maybe even cheaper, but the components you get are shocking. I.e. Dell use the worst RAM available on the planet, and the same goes for Graphics chips.

Closed Thread