Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 724 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

A couple of HTML tools

Thread title: A couple of HTML tools
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
jamesdavid2006 is offline jamesdavid2006
Software:

jamesdavid2006 is on a distinguished road

Old  Looks cool

Hi -

Very interesting idea. As you said - there are lot of gaps in the current tool. It was able to replace the table tags well - but it didn't seem to move any style attributes from the table tag to css and create a new class id.

I'm definitely interested in this. Let me know when you have this complete. Sooner the better like in a week?. I'm going thru the hassle of changing the html code from table to div.

Thanks!

03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
vesselin is offline vesselin
Expertise:
Software:

vesselin is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jamesdavid2006 View Post
Hi -

Very interesting idea. As you said - there are lot of gaps in the current tool. It was able to replace the table tags well - but it didn't seem to move any style attributes from the table tag to css and create a new class id.

I'm definitely interested in this. Let me know when you have this complete. Sooner the better like in a week?. I'm going thru the hassle of changing the html code from table to div.

Thanks!
jamesdavid2006, many thanks for your comment. The tool is in a proof-of-a-concept state. Let me re-phrase what you ask for just to make sure I got your request correctly: You want the CSS properties to be moved from inline style to external css styles or to <style> elements embedded in the <head> ? If that is what you need, I think I can implement that. Provided that I can find enough time I will implement it this weekend and will send another message in this forum.

03-16-2007, 06:14 AM
jamesdavid2006 is offline jamesdavid2006
Software:

jamesdavid2006 is on a distinguished road

Old  You are right

Hi -

You are correct. The key thing is to create a stylesheet class from inline styles (and could also include width height....) and move that in a css section.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

03-17-2007, 04:19 AM
vesselin is offline vesselin
Expertise:
Software:

vesselin is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello, everyone.
I have improved the table to css converter tool as per jamesdavid2006's suggestion. Now you can specify the style type - either Inline or Embedded (placed in a <style> tag in the <head>). At the moment embedded styles are accessed via the class="..." attribute, so the tables, rows and cells do not get an "id" attribute. Using "class" allows the program to group common styles for objects that have the same style properties. E.g. two table cells will use the same style if they have the same style properties ("width" and "height" are always converted to style properties).

As always any bugreports/suggestions are welcome. I am specifically interested to know if you think that tables/rows/cells still require "id" tags or the currently implemented scheme is better?

The demo is available at http://www.table2css.com/

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2