Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1281 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

3 Wordpress questions

Thread title: 3 Wordpress questions
Closed Thread    
03-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old  3 Wordpress questions

Hi,

I have three wordpress problems I am trying to sort out for a school, I am using Wordpress 2.1.1 as a CMS for the school.

http://coleystreet.school.nz

Question 1:

How can you change the pages ID display in the admin sub panels?
By default it shows the ID from last descending to first, I would like it to appear with first descending to last.

It might be something in the edit-pages.php, I am barely even a beginner at PHP.

Question 2:

How can you display images in sub pages using TinyMCE editor?
I am trying to develop Wordpress into a free CMS for a school. For the kids to use it they will require it to be as simple as possible. I have installed the TinyMCE editor because they will have familiarity with it from using Microsoft Word.

So far the site is displaying images well on all the top level pages, but it fails and only displays links in sub pages.

So far the documentation I have read says to install plugins like iimage, but they all say the WYSIWYG editor needs to be disabled to work. I need to have the WYSIWYG editor available at all times for the children to be able to edit their class pages.

You can see the childrens top level gallery works fine here:
http://coleystreet.school.nz/photo-gallery/

But in the sub level it does not:
http://coleystreet.school.nz/school-...hool-location/

This is also making links to documents break, I have to link to pages, not the files for them to work (same as the photos). I means an extra click for visitors, and it means they also can't view the thumbnail images.

Question 3

I have been trying to find plugins and information on restricting editing of single pages to single users.

The scenario is that I want to create a page and be the only person who can edit it. There needs to be multiple administrators/editors/authors etc in this site, so I can't restrict a user group through the usual plugins. Any ideas please?

This is a free project for my kids local school. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need admin access I can provide it via PM.

03-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

1) I'm not sure I understand

2) the images aren't placing the full path, rather relative - since you are using sef urls you need the full path.

3) Not that I know of. check wp-plugins.net

03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
union1864 is offline union1864
Expertise:
Software:

union1864 is on a distinguished road

Old

I dont have answers to your three questions, i just noticed you intend to use Wordpress version 2.1.1. As stated at wordpress.org this version is not safe, you should get 2.1.2 instead.

I just thought you should know.

03-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll go back to the Ella release I think.

Blue Ire,

1. When you look at your page list in the admin section, it displays the list descending from last to first entries, I would like it to display them from first to last. I have made a cms with a large number of pages, these pages need to display in the edit_pages list descending from first page to last page.

2. I have no idea what sef url's are? How would I get the url's to display the full ones?

3. I will check again. There are plugins that allow you to restrict whole usergroups from editing pages, but not single users.

Closed Thread