Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1090 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

AnimeCrunch.com | Established Anime Streaming Site | 157,000+ monthly visits

Thread title: AnimeCrunch.com | Established Anime Streaming Site | 157,000+ monthly visits
Closed Thread    
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Skribblez is offline Skribblez
Expertise:
Software:

Skribblez is on a distinguished road

Old  AnimeCrunch.com | Established Anime Streaming Site | 157,000+ monthly visits

Link: Watch Anime Online @ Anime Crunch

Description:

Anime Crunch is a well-known anime streaming site with over 170 anime series. All anime series/episodes are streamed from video hosting sites. We do not actually host the episodes.

Reason for POSSIBLE sale:

It is putting high load on my server and slowing down my other sites. This site isn't my top priority right now, so I don't mind letting this one go, even for a low price as I have a bigger and better idea in mind.

Revenue:

I started off with Adsense, but took it down shortly after because I didn't want to risk my adsense account. The site has some copyrighted material, and it's against Adsense's TOS to put ads up on sites with copyrighted material.

It's all up to you if you want to risk your Adsense account, but right now, Adsense is my only form of solid income, so I can't risk it until I find a better way to earn.

But..

Alot of people who make and sell anime sites already know this, and many of them have had adsense ads up on their sites for months with no trouble. I am yet to hear of anyone getting banned.

You could earn upwards of $10 daily with the traffic if you were to put adsense ads up, but like I said, it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

I don't really see the problem though. I mean, how many sites and blogs out there do you know of that embed videos (from YouTube, etc.) that they didn't even make themselves, or have the copyrights to? ALOT, right?

Anyways..

I've tried Bidvertiser for the past week or so, and here are my earnings:

Definitely not as good as Adsense, but they pay through PayPal, so I thought it wasn't too bad..

I also tried AzoogleAds for around 5 days and made a little over $13:

http://www.animecrunch.com/sale/azoogleads.gif

Traffic:

August daily: http://www.animecrunch.com/sale/augdaily.gif
August referrers: http://www.animecrunch.com/sale/augref.gif

September daily: http://www.animecrunch.com/sale/sepdaily.gif
September referrers: http://www.animecrunch.com/sale/sepref.gif

I started off by advertising the site on Veoh, submitting articles on Diggs, advertising on Orkut, submitting the site to anime topsites, advertising through Yahoo! Answers, and I guess that's about it.

The rest is from StumbleUpon, Google, and some other search engines.

Alot of StumbleUpon users like the site, so we get alot of traffic from there. I haven't advertised the site since the start of this month, and the site has been up/down quite a few times because of the server being on a constant high load.

Another reason why I haven't advertised at all lately is because it'll just cause the server to slow down even more.

Google rankings:

We get alot of google traffic. We are also ranked on the first page for "watch anime online", a very highly searched term.

Alot of the traffic we get is from search terms like "watch blood episodes online", "watch naruto episode 5", etc. you get the point. That's why these sites are great for traffic. The more episodes and series you add, the more SE traffic you'll keep bringing in.

Price:

Open to offers over $1,000. BIN is at $3,100

You could easily bring in $10-$15+ daily if you put adsense ads back up and make as much money as all those anime sites that are selling, but personally, like I said before, I'm not too keen on risking my account. Do remember however, noone has reported of receiving any warnings or being banned yet (as far as I've seen) and alot of anime site owners have had adsense up for months.

Anyways, the potential is there. Traffic is there. It's up to you how you want to monetize it.

09-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

$1,500 bid received. http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/auction/13244

Highly open to offers now. Willing to close sale for cheaper than BIN. I really need to get this off my server!

09-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

SOLD @ BIN over at SP

Thanks.

09-29-2007, 09:12 PM
SasaVtec is offline SasaVtec
Software:

SasaVtec is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to SasaVtec Send a message via AIM to SasaVtec Send a message via MSN to SasaVtec Send a message via Yahoo to SasaVtec

Old

damnit this sucks, just got 2 new servers would have loved to take this over

Closed Thread