Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1580 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Can writers make designer's jobs easier?

Thread title: Can writers make designer's jobs easier?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Libby is offline Libby
Software:

Libby is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Can writers make designer's jobs easier?

I'm sure some designers write, but not all content writers design. From a designer's perspective, if you hire writers to write content for you, what are some things they can do or learn that would make your designing go easier or better?

01-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

If you're hiring a writer then you're hiring a writer. Don't see why they would need to learn something other than what they were hired for: writing.

01-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Stray Freelance is offline Stray Freelance
Expertise: Flash, animation, general art.
Software: Photoshop, flash.. too many!

Stray Freelance is on a distinguished road

Old

When you hire a writer to produce content for your art, or want them to create content for you to create art around that writer needs to understand (or learn, however you wish to term it) your style.

If you have a dark style, they can not be producing bubbly content, they wont jive, wont look right.

Or if you have a cute style you can not try to force a dark story with cute art.

You have a style of your own, and (not an insult) you are limited in your style, you are what you are you like what you like. You need to be able to have content to fit the theme of your style or it just does not look right.

Thanked by:
DDS (01-24-2011)
01-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Libby is offline Libby
Software:

Old

Sure, that makes perfect sense. As a team with a common goal, all the content, written and graphic, needs to be complimentary. My primary interest is to write content, and I've been curious to know some expectations of those in the process I would be supporting. Sounds like nothing technical, so no need to school myself up much. Excellent!

01-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Stray Freelance is offline Stray Freelance
Expertise: Flash, animation, general art.
Software: Photoshop, flash.. too many!

Stray Freelance is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Sure, that makes perfect sense. As a team with a common goal, all the content, written and graphic, needs to be complimentary. My primary interest is to write content, and I've been curious to know some expectations of those in the process I would be supporting. Sounds like nothing technical, so no need to school myself up much. Excellent!
There are only the two ways to go about it...

1) you author a story and pass it on to an artist to provide concepts, when you find an artist with the style you are looking for, you move on.

In this case you would be the lead, you are in charge of making sure the artist is producing work that fits your needs.

2) You are supplied concepts (or complete works) and are asked to product the content. In this case the artist is the lead, making sure the content you are providing works.

This one is a bit odd, because the artist has told a story, and knows the story they want to tell, but need you to tell it. They in most cases will give you an overview, could be as simple as "Guy saves the world" and you need to create the whole story based on the visual ques on the page(s) provided.

Or they know the exact story, every step of the way, but need you to create the dialogue to enhance the visual story.

If two people mess, it creates awesome work. If they clash, it may produce awesome work, but the tensions and fighting may not be worth it.

Or if they clash, it produces nothing.

01-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Libby is offline Libby
Software:

Old

The second scenario you mentioned sounds like great fun to me! Of the two scenarios, the second is the type of project I intend to seek out. (Thus far, my marriage has survived learning to drive a stick shift, putting up wallpaper, a military career, and building a house, so I think I have the right temperament!) Thanks for your insights.....

02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
ciint is offline ciint
Expertise: SEO,SEM,web design,web develop
Software: firefox

ciint is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes ,It would be better to hire a content writer.He/she write best content's for your site.

03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
AdamC is offline AdamC
Expertise: SEO, Photoshop, Webdesign
Software: Adium, Photoshop

AdamC is on a distinguished road

Old

Better to get someone who specializes in writing content unless if you and the person you work with are equally good at both.

04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Banners Mall is offline Banners Mall
Software:

Banners Mall is on a distinguished road

Old

yes a good content writer will do. Especially if the writer knows very well about the site the person can work up good articles.

05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
madhusmita is offline madhusmita
Software:

madhusmita is on a distinguished road

Old

Content writer and Web designers plays two different parts in the web designing.They work for the same website.Content plays an important role for the web designing.Its a part of web designing.The designers just link the documents written by the content writer with the web site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >