Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1540 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Boosting my potential..

Thread title: Boosting my potential..
Closed Thread    
10-25-2007, 12:30 AM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old  Boosting my potential..

Ok, without going into too much detail i've been designing this for approximately a week. More information can be found on my blog here.

It's not an actual site or such, i've just taken the time to design it for it to be stuck in my portfolio, letting employers see what i've got.

Click here to view the design.

Please let me know on what you think.

10-25-2007, 02:07 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

In regards to what you said here "it’s not entirely done but its good enough",

Don't stop until its the best you can do. If you're trying to impress employers, 'good enough' just isn't good enough. I find in contradictory to say that you're trying to boost your potential, you're trying to get better, yet you stop when you think the design is 'good enough'.

As far as a critique on the design goes, I think it needs more detail. The structure and idea is pretty good, but I think you should spend more time on it. Sure you spent a week on it, but it only adds up to a few hours. If you really want to impress employers, you need to spend as much time as you can working on your designs, making them the best they can possibly be.

10-25-2007, 05:47 AM
nikinicole is offline nikinicole
Expertise:
Software:

nikinicole is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to nikinicole Send a message via MSN to nikinicole Send a message via Skype™ to nikinicole

Old

I think the overall design is nice and clean and simple and fine for a quick portfolio site.

I am curious to why you picked an iphone for your photo? You don't work for apple, and you aren't selling iphones, so people might get confused. Maybe you should pick something that relates to the site more, art, design, computers, whatever. Or better yet, showcase something you have made.

10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

Thanks for the comments both of you, and yes james I will be spending more time on the design. What I meant by good enough was that i've gotten to the point where i can show it and get pointers. As you have given, so thanks for that.

Closed Thread