Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1142 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Can I make a living working as a freelance Web Developer?

Thread title: Can I make a living working as a freelance Web Developer?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
mfashraf is offline mfashraf
Software:

mfashraf is on a distinguished road

Old

It depends on how hard you've put your effort into it and how good the results are. If the quality of your work are impressive, You could easily make a living as a Web Developer. Best of luck to you

06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
web2de5ine is offline web2de5ine
Software:

web2de5ine is on a distinguished road

Old  Yes you can

Yes I think You can start right away as a freelancer if you think
  • You have the right Technical Skill
  • You can market your self both online and Offline
  • You can take what ever the client throws at you.
  • Confidence that never comes down.. Even if you are left out of work for more than a month

I can suggest you this way... Find a steady source of income first then get in to the freelancing... At time things may get very ugly and you have to face that situation...

All the best from my side

06-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Nomad78 is offline Nomad78
Software:

Nomad78 is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes absolutely. Web Designers are in high demand. Even if you do not know how to write HTML and use editors or templates, there is a target audience you can market to based on your skill sets.

The first thing you have to do is get a few clients, play salesman and work your way through the yellow pages finding companies who do not have websites. It helps if you target businesses who are in an industry you understand.

Do a great job !!!! Word of mouth and references earn you new clients.
It may take you 8 hours of calling businesses offering your services before you pick up a client, but it is worth it.

Currently I do no marketing or advertising. I call businesses in the industries I know. My sales skills have gotten better through practice and I am able to pick up a new client every day that I do sales. It takes me between one and three weeks to build a website solo, and I make between 2 and 4 thousand dollars per site. I work hard and produce great products so a lot of my clients refer their business contacts to me.

The job of freelance web designer is diverse and requires people skills, IT knowledge, artistic talent, and determination. It helps if you are a damn good detective as well.

The best part of working freelance is that every time you set out to do something you get better at it. So accumulate the experience and work hard to make your clients happy and before long you will be successful.

I make 8k per month working about 60 hours a week, only 20 of that is actually building websites. I could be making more; but I have a bad habit of undercharging people.

06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
topwpsites is offline topwpsites
Software:

topwpsites is on a distinguished road

Old

oh yes it is possible to earn nice money from coding and designing...
onlz trz to do qualitz things, and build great portfolio...

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3