Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 682 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum     Start A Contest :

Basic editing on current website PSD for use with vb -

Thread title: Basic editing on current website PSD for use with vb -
Closed Thread    
06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
John D is offline John D
Software:

John D is on a distinguished road

Old  Basic editing on current website PSD for use with vb -

Name of the contest: Edit current website PSD for use with vb - Coder also needed
Deadline: 14/7/07
Prize & Delivery method: $175 - Paypal or Neteller - Please let me know which when entering as I don't normally keep money in paypal

Contest brief: I have a design for a site but I need this to be edited and coded for vbulletin.

There shouldn't be too much editing to do, simply adding in a few things, i.e. vbulletin menu and any other main functions vbulletin requires from the default system.

Other basic editing will be required for your coding, i.e. you may need to reorganize the boxes to fit in with vbulletin but I don't want it to be moved around too much, I want this to be custom so most of the work will be with the coding.

For the coding - I want to keep things as close as possible to the current design, so this will be custom.

For the features in the design, just coding these into place in the design, I will be having the custom features coded e.g. latest members and profiles.

If you can code but not design - I don't mind two people doing the job - But you must work this out with the other person - I only want to work with the one person.

The reason this is a contest is I need a designer to reorganise the design but this is a very small job and I haven't been able to find a coder to do the custom coding with the current design.

Contact information: Please only contact me via PM, posting here or email to john (@) deuce ace . com

Good luck!

06-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Haris is on a distinguished road

Old

$175 for design and coding?

06-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Immersion is offline Immersion
Software:

Immersion is on a distinguished road

Old

Is this really a contest or do you just want to hire a coder?

06-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

The least amount of prize money for such a contest is $250, I'm afraid.

06-23-2007, 04:53 PM
John D is offline John D
Software:

Old

I had a look in the offers forum and the price for a skin coded with postbit was $125.

I'm just looking for the main forum coded - I thought $50 would be enough for the very simple editing that's required.

Looks like I will be better off just getting someone to do the design edits then a coder - I would rather just work with the one person/company so the designer knows what the coder needs edited for him to code.

That was my problem the first time I got this coded, it wasn't made with coding in mind.

06-23-2007, 07:34 PM
John D is offline John D
Software:

Old

Is $250 for a newly designed skin and coding?

I wouldn't have thought that would apply to editing a current design? The design work is very minimal.

06-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi John,

As you know what you want doing and because it's just a edit I don't really think a contest suits your needs, especially as you are just looking for one person to do the design edits and the coding work.

I don't know if you have tried them but I would maybe recommend getting in touch with http://sleekskins.com/ as I believe they have someone who could do the design edit and the coding work for you (assuming they are taking on clients)

Other than trying them or asking the MarketPlace I'm not sure what else to recommend to you unfortunately. If all else fails contact me, I have some free time next week so depending on just how much needs editing I'd possibly be willing to do the design edits for you (as long as it's just small edits like you say) so that you can then just go straight to a coder - feel free to PM me for more info if you do get stuck.

06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
John D is offline John D
Software:

Old

Hey Bazza,

Thanks very much for the help

I am checking out SleekSkins now and I will contact them, thanks even more for offering to help out yourself.

I got the design from one of my main designers but when I took it to a few coders they said it needed edits just to make it easier to code, but I don't code myself so I really don't know about that.

FreshSkinners (I think thats the name) told me it was very small edits but they don't do design - I got another full vb skin coded by them and they did a great job.

Thanks again Bazza

07-21-2007, 09:28 PM
prolixity is offline prolixity
Software:

prolixity is on a distinguished road

Old

I can do the simple editing pm me a preview

Closed Thread