Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1700 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Whats more troublesome for your coding?

Thread title: Whats more troublesome for your coding?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old  Whats more troublesome for your coding?

Whats more troublesome for your coding? Firefox or Internet Explorer. Firefox was always the one that was fine for me, but this last version has sometimes being a little hard to work with at times. So what is causing your code more troubles IE6 or FF1.5?

IE6 for me though.

02-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Jhin is offline Jhin
Expertise:
Software:

Jhin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Jhin Send a message via AIM to Jhin Send a message via MSN to Jhin Send a message via Yahoo to Jhin

Old

Internet Explorer has been the bane for me in the last 2 years or so. The lack of proper standards support for CSS 2 and I have little hope for the new IE7 to be quite honest.

Firefox I've never had a problem with when coding properly. Every now and then I'll get a glitch and find out its cause I was being lazy in my code by using a shortcut of some kind.

02-20-2006, 04:55 PM
techo is offline techo
Software:

techo is on a distinguished road

Old

I would say it's usually a bit of both, usually nothing that can't be resolved with a little help from the lord.

02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
htmlmaster is offline htmlmaster
Software:

htmlmaster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to htmlmaster

Old

Definitly Internet Explorer. Firefox supports all CSS, IE doesn't.

02-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

IE. It goes without saying. IE doesnt render CSS properly, and has it's own little ways of doing things that should be standard.

I allways code for FireFox and Safari, then try to get it to work with IE. It's a real pain. Lets hope when IE7 gets out of beta it will actually render CSS properly...

02-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Shawon is offline Shawon
Expertise:
Software:

Shawon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shawon Send a message via MSN to Shawon

Old

i get firefox maybe once in a while, but very rarely. but its mostly IE which gives me trouble on CSS almost at least once on every site i do.

02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Nirvana- is offline Nirvana-
Expertise:
Software:

Nirvana- is on a distinguished road

Old

Definitely IE beyond a doubt...

02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
controllerboy is offline controllerboy
Expertise:
Software:

controllerboy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to controllerboy

Old

well, that changed. when i was using IE, i only checked my pages in that browser and ignored firefox users and didn't care about the errors, and now i'm using firefox, and i only care about firefox or opera visitors (screw internet explorer.)

02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Paris Holley is offline Paris Holley
Software:

Paris Holley is on a distinguished road

Old

its neither once u learn the techniques...for instance knowing when to use padding instead of margins can help you awhole lot when doing tableless coding..

02-20-2006, 07:09 PM
RaZoR^ is offline RaZoR^
Software:

RaZoR^ is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, I generally make pages that work in Firefox before any other browser. Apart from Opera, Firefox is most likely the most standards compliant browser out there. So if I make page that work perfect in Firefox, all other browsers on the Gecko engine (such as Netscape Navigator) will handle the page round about the same as Firefox. Although, I then test the page in Opera, which will usually display it nearly the same as Firefox, except for some spacing issues between elements, fix all of the spacing errors up, then go to Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will then bring up a whole range of problems depending how the page was setup. For instance I generally have more problems with CSS block-level layouts in IE than I do with tables, becuase not much can go wrong with tables. IE doesn't support quite a lot of CSS 2.1 at the moment so it's mainly with positioning and pseudo classes that the problems arise.

Overall Internet Explorer is the worst for me, although IE7 looks quite promising in the way of W3C compliance, but I still don't think they will get it perfect. What I'm worried about with IE7 is its compatibility with older OSs. If Windows 95 users can't download IE7 and get it running comfortably on their system, then I will have to continue making pages working in IE6 to satisfy the 0.01% of the population on Windows 95; and the rest of the people who don't want to upgrade to IE7 (who I will most likely class as weird or stupid).

See how compliant each browser is: Acid2 Browser Test.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >