Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 648 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Namecheap Hosting

Thread title: Namecheap Hosting
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
webbydebby is offline webbydebby
Software:

webbydebby is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by freelink4u View Post
namecheap is quit new in hosting..and i m sure that they will be not doing as like godaddy does.godaddy sucks for real time
They are not new, that's the idea, namecheap.com used to deliver hosting services under a different brand name.

10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
nickn is offline nickn
Software:

nickn is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by freelink4u View Post
namecheap is quit new in hosting..and i m sure that they will be not doing as like godaddy does.godaddy sucks for real time
Namecheap.com being labeled as a hosting provider is new, the team behind Namecheap.com's hosting division as a webhosting provider is far far from new, combined between the 3 managers we have over 20 years of hosting experience, most of it in separate ventures, some of it in mutual ventures.

We're well experienced.

12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
suthnautr is offline suthnautr
Software:

suthnautr is on a distinguished road

Old  NameCheapHosting - no good

I have a script I put up that worked when PeopleHost had it.... then it stopped working - JUST after NameCheapHosting took over.

I copied the script to another hosting platform (HostMonster.com) and it still works. So NameCheapHosting support in the Ukraine (NameCheap itself is registered in California) tells me it's the script... contact the vendor... no support for PHP... etc. etc. Meanwhile this script that was working for a year and still works on another server with HostMonster - STILL WORKS - Just not on NameCheapHosting's servers (wherever they are)! My clients were doing quarter million dollar sales from this form - until NameCheapHosting took over and it all stopped working over six weeks ago - and I knew absolutely nothing about it since the forms are voluntary and nobody knew that it had stopped sending.

Now the owner of the company I built the web site for is acting like I'm history - fired - caput - gone -done - burnt - adios amigo out the door.

I have one word to describe NameCheapHosting right now: It s@#!s.

The only problem I have right now is I just put in ELEVEN hours of live support and email support trying to get someone who is not a total idiot to do just one thing: Check the two identical existing forms by putting in an email address in each (can be a fake email) and clicking on "submit" to see that it's the server, not the script.

After eleven and a half hours they have yet to do the one thing that will verify that I am right - which tells me that they are either not interested in fixing the real issue, or are not technically capable - in other words, Ukranians with bogus credentials who got internet jobs but don't know what they are doing.

You want good hosting with 24/7/365 live support, both online and by telephone? The ability to host up to 1,000 sites? Free unlimited email accounts, FTP accounts, disk space, bandwidth, SQL databases....? Go with HostMonster.com for just about $85 a year - two year deal (you pay $165~).

NameCheapHosting? Richard Kirkendall is NameCheap.com. He bought the hosting company "PeopleHost.com". Type: peoplehost s---s (fill in the missing letters) into Google and read the absolute nightmare stories.

Namecheaphosting still has the same problems - they double bill every client I have each and every time until the client complains. Their live support is all in the Ukraine - so their help is virtual and it isn't very helpful - I tried being nice to them, but after almost 12 hours I told them to byte me. Don't go with NameCheapHosting - they are just no good. Seemed like the new support was willing to be good - but not any longer. That died three months after Richard Kirkendall took over.

Sorry Richard - You have to pay attention to what your customers are saying. I called California three times and left a message and my number and have yet to get any response. After almost 12 hours now dealing with this issue I'm having and not getting anywhere - all my good will is PERMANENTLY GONE.

A warning to the rest of you - keep away from NameCheapHosting. The name registration is fine - that part works - but hosting? NOT MAXWORTHY!

12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Shane is offline Shane
Software:

Shane is on a distinguished road

Old

I had a hosting package for like 3 months with them and it wasnt bad. No downtime and support when I needed it. The only thing I wasnt satisfied with was how long it took to get me setup but the support for that was great!

12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
hostingtogether is offline hostingtogether
Software:

hostingtogether is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to hostingtogether Send a message via Yahoo to hostingtogether

Old

HostingTogether.com we Focus on just Hosting. and you can get a domain from anywhere you want. and can then have it transfered to us if you prefer. But we focus mainly on hosting and support. But yeah you should go with a company that focuses on just hosting and a domain registar that focuses on just domains.

12-16-2008, 05:11 PM
MMemmer is offline MMemmer
Expertise:
Software:

MMemmer is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to MMemmer Send a message via AIM to MMemmer Send a message via Yahoo to MMemmer Send a message via Skype™ to MMemmer

Old

Ditto's on keeping your registrar and hosting separate. As to GoDaddy, as with any host they are going to have good and bad reviews and the larger the host the more bad reviews that there will be. However if your business is dependent upon the internet, I would certainly recommend a company who's core compentantcy was hosting before choosing a registrar as my host.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3