Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 715 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Facebook $750 mil. offer rejected

Thread title: Facebook $750 mil. offer rejected
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
03-30-2006, 05:10 AM
m23 is offline m23
Software:

m23 is on a distinguished road

Old

10K to build it? I know it would cost at least 5k but yeh 10k sounds about right. There is a lot built in. I've never had an account, but I logged into someone else's account and looked around.

It doesn't look like it would be hard to build (technically), but it is well thought out and very simple, which is hard to do.

04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
sueyboo is offline sueyboo
Expertise:
Software:

sueyboo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sueyboo Send a message via Yahoo to sueyboo

Old

is the domain itself more valuable than the website itself or what? that's a crazy amount of money for a domain, i'd probably give it up for that much and then live life comfortably.

04-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Greg is offline Greg
Software:

Greg is on a distinguished road

Old

This boils down to what the sites projected earnings could be over a given period of time. This kind of capital is not that uncommon for public investors. The owner(s) know exactly how much their product is worth on the current market.

These bids often are illusions as well. As someone has already mentioned, free press drives the price higher, creating a buzz in the market is fundamental.

04-21-2006, 03:02 AM
depthskins is offline depthskins
Expertise:
Software:

depthskins is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to depthskins Send a message via Yahoo to depthskins Send a message via Skype™ to depthskins

Old

that's alot of cash man. Imagine if they get 2billion. Damn...I can't help to wonder what they'll do next.

Personally don't like myspace but in 2 yrs facebook became the 7th most heavily trafficked site conquering sites like amazon.com. damn, that's impressive.

04-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Sancho is offline Sancho
Software:

Sancho is on a distinguished road

Old

To be honest, I've never heard of "Facebook" until now. Hahaha . Well, if he rejected that much money, maybe he's pretty confident that he'll get an even higher offer.

04-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

I stand by his actions. The site is worth well more than $750 million. The only reason why I don't think he will get an offer that high is because not many companies can hand over that kind of money without a major blow to their economic structure. I honestly probably wouldn't have taken it if I were them because honestly, if you could make more than that in a year, why take it.

Yes, anyone could live comfortably on it but also, think about why he might be asking for more, maybe for some beneficial purposes for other people than himself? There could be plenty of reasons. But there is no doubt that most of you saying "I would have taken it" would done the same thing as him under the same circumstances due to the real value of the site.

Also, whoever said they would sell Google if they owned it for $750 million is stupid (no offense :P). Because Google is currently worth several billion dollars already. Considering it was some college kids who started it some years ago for a project, that is really good. Even though they won't sell it soon, the will probably be able to sell that for a years income along with the current worth of the company.

04-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Greg is offline Greg
Software:

Greg is on a distinguished road

Old

Google was already sold. It went up on the public trading markets...what about a year ago? Google is sold in share blocks now. I suspect the owner(s) of Facebook may do the same. He would stand to gain a lot more over the course then simply selling out right and still keep majority control of the company.

As I mentioned before, this is most like a buzz to stir interest up.

edit: typo

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4