Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1836 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

How do you track your time and expenses?

Thread title: How do you track your time and expenses?
Closed Thread    
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
tbcompdesign is offline tbcompdesign
Software:

tbcompdesign is on a distinguished road

Old  How do you track your time and expenses?

Hello freelance designers!
I'm interested in seeing how other track their time and expenses. I'm going to be building a system designed for freelance artists, designers, developers and writers. I'm planning on incorporating a "timeclock" which will be capable of project tracking as well as expense reporting. It will be smart enough to be able to bill different customers different rates or even to bill different rates for different projects for the same customer.

I also intend to incorporate "project templates" that could be used as a quote for new customers, saying "here's how I plan on spending my time" and show the expected billing for each portion of the project. I've heard that most designers are using a pencil/paper version of a timecard. this is usually inaccurate and does not provide any way of calculating what you should bill the customer or even a nicely formated invoice for your time.

Would anyone here be interested in such a system? What methods do you use now to track your time spent on project for all of your customers?

Closed Thread