Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1781 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum     Completed Contests :

Logo Design for Music Webzine - $40

Thread title: Logo Design for Music Webzine - $40
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
01-22-2006, 05:24 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

That is a nice and unique design Impluo. Just not exactly what I'm looking for. We'll often use the slogan and site name separately, and if the logo's a play on the X (which I'm glad you did), I need to be able to switch out the graphic in both the slogan and the site name. It's also a little large (the graphic), which means it would force the text rather small when I would have it printed on business cards and stickers. The graphic looks great with the slogan font you chose, but the font for the site name and slogan should be the same.

This is really a great and different concept. I think it just drowns out the site name a bit, which is what we're trying to build brand recognition around. I really appreciate the entry.

Jenn

01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Gonzalo is offline Gonzalo
Software:

Gonzalo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gonzalo

Old

I'm in...

01-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by bcd
UPDATED once again with darker blues.

...Let's get some more competition in here!
The darker blues are much more on the right track. Thanks for letting me see it like that.

I didn't mention it before, but I love that you incorporated the "fast forward" symbol. Very simple yet clever.

Jenn

01-23-2006, 12:00 AM
bananaphone is offline bananaphone
Software:

bananaphone is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll take a shot at this one later... something to do.

01-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jhmattern
I need to be able to switch out the graphic in both the slogan and the site name. It's also a little large (the graphic), which means it would force the text rather small when I would have it printed on business cards and stickers. The graphic looks great with the slogan font you chose, but the font for the site name and slogan should be the same.
Yea I was mainly looking for comments on the graphic, the scale and text can easily be midified and moved around, I just threw the site name up in arial because the font in the slogan doesn't have a character for the "period". Look in the bottom right of the image and that is what it looks like when I add ".com"

01-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Of those three, I like the one in the bottom left (white background) the best. I'm fairly positive we're going to want the .com included though, which wouldn't work with that setup imo. Reason: the offset position would make it more difficult to simply view as a domain. I think it would look a bit unbalanced w/ the .com included, w/ the 'audio' on a different level. I'd like people to see the logo and instantly see AudioXposure.com, rather than have to piece it together. People already have a somewhat difficult time with our name, wanting to write it as Audio Exposure, so anything that would add confusion probably wouldn't appeal to the younger end of our demographics. As for the black background, it appears to be a lighter blue, and we lose some of the original contrast and it looks more 2-dimensional because we lose the added white over the blue background, which helps the 'X' jump out.

I think this is a really great concept. I don't mean to come across as critical. I think this would be an awesome design for a site that didn't want the letter included in the middle of the domain name, or even split like above, it would be great for a print publication. I do love your work, I just don't think it's along the lines of what we're looking for, especially when we're working with a long domain.

Closer to the deadline, I'm going to ask some of the freelance writers who help out with the webzine to take a look at the submissions. I'll make the final choice, but I value their opinions, and it could very well be that they'll think of some pros to a design like this that I haven't, or they may end up thinking of cons to a design that I initially love. I'll take all of that into consideration.

Thanks a lot!

Jenn

01-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Rys is offline Rys
Expertise:
Software:

Rys is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Rys Send a message via MSN to Rys

Old

might get something together if i get some free time. good looking contest...

01-24-2006, 06:40 AM
SupremeGFX is offline SupremeGFX
Software:

SupremeGFX is on a distinguished road

Old

A concept.

01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

That's a great and completely different concept than everything else I've seen so far. I like the font choice too. My concerns with a design like this though:

1. With so many soft edges, we really don't get the edgy look I'm after.

2. The backsplash appearance behind the X, and in a few other spots, might cause some problems in certain printing processes, making the image appear fuzzy in small form (like business cards and small stickers).

Keep the ideas coming. I'm seeing a lot of concepts that are giving me some new ideas to consider. Thanks so far to everyone who's participated!

Jenn

01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
smithdesign is offline smithdesign
Expertise:
Software:

smithdesign is on a distinguished road

Old  AudioXposure

Here's my throw at it.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >