Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1958 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

site statistics alternatives

Thread title: site statistics alternatives
Closed Thread    
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Fed is offline Fed
Expertise:
Software:

Fed is on a distinguished road

Old  site statistics alternatives

Hi folks
I have been useing statcounter for a lot of time and don't plan to move away, I love them
but I have a website that is breaking the 250.000 pageviews a month limit so I'll probably be asked to upgrade/move away that site
the fact is that site is not making cash, it's a proxy, so I'd like to know if you know another free and invisible tracker as good as statcounter or at least similar
I would use AW stats but the statistcs suck and the numbers aren't either near those given by statcounter
I have never used webalizer.....is it worth switching?

05-15-2007, 11:48 PM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

oKiAo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to oKiAo

Old

Have you tried Google Analytics?

I am not quite sure about StatCounter's stat as I don't visit it often even though I use it.

Google Analytics look very impressive, and their new dashboard looks even more nice with a lot of information. It has great details and should be somewhere close like StatCounter. I don't know if there is a limit or no with Google Analytics. But it is worth a try I'd say.

Edit:
250.000 pageviews a month is really impressive. You can make a lot with Adversal though that might drive visitors away, but will make very nice income.

05-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Fed is offline Fed
Expertise:
Software:

Old

lol
I'm already using google analytics but I check it so rarely that I completely forgot about it
I have just replaced the code, thank you for the idea
I'm using adversal but it doesn't make that good money...the CPM is low

05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ah >< I think Google Analytics looks nice, but I never really used nor compared so yeah, you can check it out and see.

Else, you can try www.sitemeter.com. It seems very popular but...I don't like its interface compare to StatCounter. Though it has similar stuff as well.

I feel AW stats is pretty nice though o.o compare to webalizer, AW has more stuff.

Weird x.X 250.000 shouldn't it make you like... at least $250? Unless it is mainly non-US traffic

Good luck anyways!

05-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Fed is offline Fed
Expertise:
Software:

Old

it's roughly 95%+ US traffic
adversal payout is way lower than the advertised 1.20$ x 1000 views (at least on proxy sites where the average number of page views per single user is well higher then on other sites)
the proxy is pushing anywhere between 35.000 and 43.000 pages a day (statcounter) during the past days (sat-sun excluded) so the monthly traffic is far beyond 250.000
I switched the proxy popunders to globalinteractive today and it made kind of double the daily adversal revenue (till now), but I still have to see the stats for today since google analytics still have to update, so I am not sure if it's a traffic spike or a better CPM, probably a better CPM

05-17-2007, 11:36 PM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Mine seems to be having somewhere like 1$ per 1000 views. So I guess that is decent for me. Though sometimes it get way less when there is less traffic.

If it is a better CPM then that is really good, what is CPM for globalinteractive? I don't see they mention the rate on the information page. They allow proxy? Just wondering because their publisher's site requirement looks like more into content site or something.

Anyways, good luck!

05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Fed is offline Fed
Expertise:
Software:

Old

$1 per 1000 views?
do you mean unique visitors or views?
I get less the $1 per unique 1000 visitors with adversal
I had a significant drop in visits yesterday (less than 10.000 views)but the CPM of globalinteractive sticks around $.55, roughly the double of what adversal payed me, but I'll test it for some other days to see if this is the standard
by the way google analytics updates once in a day and it's not that good, I'd prefer less delay, I had to wait till this morning to see that I got only 1/4 of the traffic...
I have just installed the code by ritecounter.com, let's see how it works...it looks nice

05-18-2007, 03:23 PM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ah, my bad. I was just judging from the Adversal numbers. I forgot I don't even have a counter on my proxified page lol -.- sorry.

Oh, I didn't know it only updates once in a day. Ritecounter does look good, hope you will have a better tracking with it Sorry for my mistake.

05-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Fed is offline Fed
Expertise:
Software:

Old

so a little update here, I think who runs proxies might find it useful
I noticed that ritecounter code doesn't love adversal's javascript in some way, no popunders are launched when there's ritecounter's code on the page
apart from this ritecounter remains a nice stat provider, the nicest after statcounter imo amongst those I've seen so far
I tried to see if there was any problem surfing and after few pages that I noteiced a website launched in a globalinteractive popunder was cousing the browser to crash; this occurred 3 times in 3-4 minutes so, this might actually be the cause of the big drop in pageviews I've seen in the past days, moreover I have been warned of a troian sent from another GI popunder
I've swtiched back to adversal and have notified GI about this
I have google analytics running now so I'll have to wait some time to report back again

I hope this helps

Closed Thread