Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1121 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

How much does experience influence job prospects as a graduating student?

Thread title: How much does experience influence job prospects as a graduating student?
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
sebech is offline sebech
Expertise: Photography/Design/Photoshop
Software: Itunes/Photoshop/Chrome

sebech is on a distinguished road

Old  How much does experience influence job prospects as a graduating student?

Hey guys,
The title says it all. Every exam block (currently in one), I get stressed, frustrated and tired with all the studies.

And the only answer that comes to mind is leave my current job (part time graphic designer).

I am PASSING, but I am not getting anything higher then 75-80 out of 100.
I have currently been working at my current design job for 1year 2 months at 20hrs a week. I have spoken to the boss and they do see me at the company for another 2 years until I graduate.

So my question is will graduating with a bachelor in graphic design WITH 3 years experience really help me securing a full time job?

Cheers

11-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Host Pro is offline Host Pro
Software:

Host Pro is on a distinguished road

Old

Sure it will help if you have 3 years of experience them you definitely have some good works to put in to your portfolio and when you have experience employers will definitely chose you for a full time job and even a good paid one( employers do not like to teach newbies that are just graduated and have no idea what really work looks like) sometimes they don't even care about your degree - main thing is your skills and how you will prove your skills at the interview or probation period

11-14-2013, 04:52 PM
BrownEyes is offline BrownEyes
Software:

BrownEyes is on a distinguished road

Old

I think bachelor degree will be good but it is not the main point why would a employer choose you. Main criteria will be your skills and experience , I mean if you can prove that you are worth hiring than nobody will look at your degree