Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1145 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Woah, Hello Facebook Traffic

Thread title: Woah, Hello Facebook Traffic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-31-2012, 08:39 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Woah, Hello Facebook Traffic

I just wanted to share this with you guys. In the past, I have never had any success with social marketing (I think thats what you call it), I've never got more than 10-20 referrals from facebook/twitter. A few days ago I installed facebook comments on my blog, instead of the default wordpress comments (this definitely helped).

Anyway, just a couple days ago I logged into my analytics to find a huge spike in my traffic. January 28th had 700 visitors while the rest of the month had a steady 100 a day. So I checked where the traffic came from, and I had 600+ referrals from facebook. At first I thought it was a mistake!

It all started with 2 comments/shared a link. It's like it went viral on a super super small scale haha. The post included a video which also go 400+ views. I had to delete and reupload though. It was on my personal youtube account. I created a youtube for the blog in hope to get subscribers and more followers.

Anyway, sorry if this post sucks I'm just excited with my small success. As I said all my sites in the past sucked and never had real traffic. I just started updating my blog again this month, and my monthly traffic went from 1500~ to 3000~

Thanked by 3 users:
Artashes (02-01-2012), Gaz (01-31-2012), Michael C (01-31-2012)