Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 527 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

So what do you have???

Thread title: So what do you have???
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-10-2004, 07:16 PM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old  So what do you have???

Just an idea to see how skilled and experienced everyone is.. how about we post what degrees we've earned and how long we've been designing. It will help the community become more of a community.

I'm still a Junior in High School who will be going to college to major in Management Information Systems and minoring in Business Administration.

I've been designing for 3-4 years now and I'll probably just keep it as a hobby of mine. After I get my Masters in MIS, I'll probably take a few courses on graphic designing and just widen my knowledge for other jobs.

I also play baseball, and that should be funding most of my college tuition because of the scholarships I was offered.

What about you guys? I know a lot of you are out of college or still in college. What have been your accomplishments? What degrees do you hold? What college(s) did you go to? How long have you been designing?

This should bring the community together a little bit more and make it a better place if we really know each other better. Just an idea..

12-10-2004, 07:23 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Good post

I live in England so the qualifications might not mean anything to you.

I have 11 GCSE's (2 A's, 8 B's, 1 C)

I then went onto a 6th form college and did my A/S level where i got (2 A's and 1 B) continuing at this college i did my A levels and came out with straight B's in theatre, media studies and I.C.T

I then went to Roehampton University and am currently in my second year studying Internet & Multimedia, with combined business. Modules covered are Networks, Business functions, maths, project management, graphics, website design, c++/java to name a few.

I have been designing for around 2 years.

12-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Meighan is offline Meighan
Expertise:
Software:

Meighan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Meighan

Old

Awesome post. I first started with Geocities. haha. I soon realized how horrible I was and wanted to do better. a few years. ago. My VERY first site was www.meighan.tk after that it was http://godthroughart.sistersinthelord.org both of which I have abandoned.

I started to want to get serious after I ended up a single mother. I have NEVER been at home with my three year old and she's suffered for it. I'm about to start at the Art Institute of Miami for a diploma in web design and that's about it. I pretty much know nothing =) I've been trying to learn for about 2 years and have just now gotten serious about it in the last 6 months or so.

12-10-2004, 08:15 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I have NEVER been at home with my three year old and she's suffered for it
Is this why you would like to start webdesign?

12-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Refekt is offline Refekt
Expertise:
Software:

Refekt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Refekt Send a message via MSN to Refekt

Old

I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school now. I'm applying for ITT Tech now, hopefully I can get enough for tutitian. I'll either go into multimeda, programming, or game and development. (Probably the games ).

I've been designing for about 5 years now, It's just a hobby I don't really make any money off of it. At my school, I think I'm the one everyone comes to ask how to do that and this! lol.

I do some programming, still learning. I know c++, php, visual basic, html, css, and i can pick up most other languages if i need to edit anything.

I used to skateboard(probably pick it back up) for about 4 years. I was almost local skateshop sponsored (not much, but it's something!)

And that's about it. I really don't know what else.

12-10-2004, 08:51 PM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

Yeah, at school I'm the same exact way as you. I'm the one everyone comes to for questions about Photoshop :-\. It gets a little frustrating sometimes, but if that's going to be a small business/hobby of mine, I need to learn to deal with it.

I can program in Java, Javascript, and HTML. I can edit PHP and I know a little XML. CGI was the first language I learned how to edit and tweak.

My main hobby when I get out of the house is baseball. I've started varsity since a freshman (grade 9) and I have about 6 colleges looking at me currently. I'm looking to develop a website to promote myself to other colleges I am interested in. I already have the design made... it's not ready to go... but it's made, lol.

12-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

i dont have anything good yet

my GCSE's from school where 1B 3C's 4D's 2E's 1G lol pretty bad i have passed a ICT GNVQ Intermediate course at college and am now doing a 2year college course for AVCE ICT

12-11-2004, 04:08 PM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Damn people from the UK, lol. No idea what any of this means over here in the US, lol.

12-11-2004, 04:37 PM
plattopus is offline plattopus
Expertise:
Software:

plattopus is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to plattopus

Old

I have only done 2 TAFE courses: one in Multimedia Design and one in Dynamic Website Design... so no degrees or anything, but close enough.

12-12-2004, 05:46 AM
Firefuze is offline Firefuze
Expertise:
Software:

Firefuze is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Firefuze Send a message via MSN to Firefuze

Old

I'm in my last year of high school, applying to some universities and colleges real soon for either new media, graphic or broadcast design. I've been designing for 3 years, and i think i've become pretty good at it, won a couple awards, both online and in real life. This definately isn't just a hobby, i'd really like to make this my career.

Other than that, i've just started up skateboarding a couple months ago, again kinda, and im trying to get into airsoft.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >