Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1385 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Shooting on bus

Thread title: Shooting on bus
Closed Thread    
12-04-2004, 11:07 PM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old  Shooting on bus

TTC Bus Shooting Investigation Update,
New Suspect Descriptions

31 Division
416-808-3100

At about 5:20 p.m., Sunday, November 28, 2004, police received a call for a person with a gun on a TTC bus, northbound on Jane Street, north of Wilson Avenue.

About 40 people were on the bus when a group of three to five young black men began speaking to a 24-year-old man at the back of the bus.

During the conversation, one of the men pulled out a handgun and began shooting at the 24-year-old man.

The 24-year-old man fled to the front of the bus and was shot in the head, stomach and leg. The men continued to shoot and an 11-year-old girl, sitting at the front of the bus with her mother, was shot once in the head.

One of the suspects is described as black, aged 19-21, approximately 6’0", lanky/skinny build, "large" eyes, and speaks with a Jamaican accent. He was wearing baggy, dark clothing, and a black sports cap, possibly with yellow trim. He was armed with a silver handgun.

A second suspect is described as black, aged 20-21, approximately 5’9”, “chubby” face, full, short unkempt beard, slim build. He was wearing dark, baggy clothing and a sports cap. He was carrying a dark blue knapsack with two black straps.

These two suspects exchanged a cellphone and calls were made during the incident.

A third suspect is described as Spanish, aged 16-18, 5’6”, black, spiky, well-groomed hair, with light brown or light grey clothing. He spoke with a slight Spanish/Latino accent.

The 11-year-old girl has been moved out of the critical care unit and is in stable, guarded condition.

The 24-year-old man has undergone surgery to remove a bullet. His condition has improved to guarded in the critical care unit.

The Toronto Police Service is appealing for any witnesses to the shooting to contact police.

In particular, any person on the bus at the time, whether they witnessed anything or not, is asked to call 31 Division at 416- 808-3104. If they wish to remain anonymous, they can call Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS (8477).

Constable Kristine Bacharach, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Bernard Power, 31 Division
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsr...se.php?id=6624

12-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Damn!

12-05-2004, 12:04 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Tragic when you hear things like this

12-05-2004, 03:07 AM
tarun hari is offline tarun hari
Software:

tarun hari is on a distinguished road

Old

any person on the bus at the time, whether they witnessed anything or not
What the hell kind of statement is that? I mean, yeah. I was on the bus at the time of the cold blooded shootings. But I didn't see or hear anything.

12-05-2004, 03:13 AM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

They could've been sleeping or too scared to look.

12-05-2004, 03:15 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

The statement is perfectly correct, it states whether they witnessed anything...not whether they heard anything, police would need clear identifications of the suspects to actually do anything, everyone knows what the crack of a bullet sounds like.

Sounds like the bus was very busy, probably over crowded...not sure about other people but when im on a bus i generally look out the window, listen to my walkman or play on my phone..unless of course i am with someone in which case i talk to them.

Although there were 40 people on the bus i bet a very small percentage of them actually saw the actual incident take place and have enough proof it was he/she to stand up and say it in court, either that or they are scared for their lives....also don't forget it does say the shooting started at the back of the bus in which case no one would have witnessed the initial exchange.

12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

yeh its a shame when stuff like this happens. . . .

about a month ago there was a drive-by shooting at the shop round the corner from me, no one got shot they just decieded to shoot up the shop itself

Closed Thread