Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 700 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Voodoo Envy

Thread title: Voodoo Envy
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
07-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, let's see, you are trying to compare the price of a 1.8GHz laptop (Envy) with the 1.6GHz version of the Air. The 1.8GHz version is plenty more expensive than the Envy. Also, I believe the graphics might be different as well.

As well, I don't know why the person said there is no internal HD on the Air. It has the same options as the Envy (HDD and SSD).

Also notice that the Envy comes with cool options standard, such as their ready-programs (much better than HP programs), and apparently their power cord brick doubles as a Wifi access point according to Engadget. That said, even if the two versions you are comparing HAD the same specs, the extra addons would justify a $300 raise in price. However, in reality, the Envy has more to offer than the Air's basic version.

07-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
I new it was better before I bought this when I went to the Apple Store. I've experienced too much Vista that is why I went after a mac. I am still curious how HP plans to jump ahead charging more for something so... nonexclusive.
So wait, are you comparing the machine, or the OS? Because I can run either os on either machine... so given that lets drop the mindless babble shall we?

The Envy costs more because it will sell less, because it's carbon fiber, because it has IOS(pretty wicked), and because that's how much they want to sell it for. There is something to be said for not buying **** just because everyone else wants it... 'cough'.

What exactly is the point of this thread?

07-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
So wait, are you comparing the machine, or the OS? Because I can run either os on either machine... so given that lets drop the mindless babble shall we?

The Envy costs more because it will sell less, because it's carbon fiber, because it has IOS(pretty wicked), and because that's how much they want to sell it for. There is something to be said for not buying **** just because everyone else wants it... 'cough'.

Agreed.

07-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Andrew R View Post
Well, let's see, you are trying to compare the price of a 1.8GHz laptop (Envy) with the 1.6GHz version of the Air. The 1.8GHz version is plenty more expensive than the Envy. Also, I believe the graphics might be different as well.

As well, I don't know why the person said there is no internal HD on the Air. It has the same options as the Envy (HDD and SSD).

Also notice that the Envy comes with cool options standard, such as their ready-programs (much better than HP programs), and apparently their power cord brick doubles as a Wifi access point according to Engadget. That said, even if the two versions you are comparing HAD the same specs, the extra addons would justify a $300 raise in price. However, in reality, the Envy has more to offer than the Air's basic version.
Andrew you're wrong, its 1.6ghz c2d.

But, there are tons of cool programs that come with OSX free like iLife '08 and that kind of stuff doesn't come on Windows.

07-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

Well wouldn't it be illegal to run OS X on that machine?

This isn't a battle between OS's, it's simple.

OSX is currently the best OS currently in my opinion, thats not saying Windows 7 will blow current mac's away (however.. I doubt it.).

Right now they are selling THE ****TIEST OS on a computer who has the same spec's as another laptop by a competitor that sells for less and has one of the best operating systems in the market today.

I'm just curious how they think this is going to work when it is coming out even later than the cheaper machine..

07-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
Well wouldn't it be illegal to run OS X on that machine?

This isn't a battle between OS's, it's simple.

OSX is currently the best OS currently in my opinion, thats not saying Windows 7 will blow current mac's away (however.. I doubt it.).

Right now they are selling THE ****TIEST OS on a computer who has the same spec's as another laptop by a competitor that sells for less and has one of the best operating systems in the market today.

I'm just curious how they think this is going to work when it is coming out even later than the cheaper machine..
So I take it this is how a fanboy is born?

Anyhow, no it's not illegal to run OS X on an intel machine as long as you actually own a copy of the OS legitimately.

07-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Please read mine and Awesomes post again. I said more than just the speeds were different. They have the extra features, which have been mentioned several times such as IOS (which is what those programs I were talking about where), the Wifi charging brick, carbon fiber, and if IIRC, you can customize them online, which will add more work to them being produced. You can't simply walk into a store and buy them, as well.

Like Awesome said, there is no point to this thread. There are many reasons why it is more, and the OS doesn't factor into the price at all as much as you think it does (most companies include OS's for cheap since the real money to be made is people actually buying the PC itself). Also, to say OS X is the best and Vista is the ****tiest is all opinionated. I know people who LOVE Vista, and think OS X is ****, so why should your opinion be right?

07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
So I take it this is how a fanboy is born?

Anyhow, no it's not illegal to run OS X on an intel machine as long as you actually own a copy of the OS legitimately.
I remember something about how it's against their Terms of Use or something weird like that.

07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

You're right Andrew, you and Awesome shall decide what threads are aloud on TFL! Do note I did say "In my opinion" about vista and osx.

Because I was curious to see what everyone thought about the marketing of a product.

And Jeff, I have 3 of 5 HP computers in my house.

07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Vizon you sound dumb. Weren't you a total windows fan and the one who would trash apple in every thread a few months ago?

Awesome you bring up osx86 in every thread that involves a computer jk man, your the king.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >