Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 754 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

Looking for VB Plugin Coder (3.8)

Thread title: Looking for VB Plugin Coder (3.8)
Closed Thread    
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
horizons is offline horizons
Software:

horizons is on a distinguished road

Old  Looking for VB Plugin Coder (3.8)

Hey, guys. I'm looking to hire a vB coder to program multiple plugins (that will be released to the VBulletin.org community at end of project; to be discussed with coder at conclusion of the project).

Disclosure: this was also cross-posted at scriptlance.

The plugins are as follows:

1. Search All Plugin -- From a textbox one can search titles/posts of not only forums, but also blogs and social groups. The results page separates results as top 10 X top 10 Y top 10 Z, and invites user to click to continue in a single area.

2. Search Everything Page -- From a searchall.php (or somesuch) a user can search forums, blogs, and social groups, instead of needing three different search pages. This would preferably be done through AJAX or something pretty. Search query is specific to one area, and will return results normally as if doing only a blog/group/forum search.

3. Blogs plugin. This in essence reskins the blogs page without a template mod. It changes the visible blogs to only Recent Entries and Recent Comments (modelled after a mockup). When logged in, a normal "VB BAR" (like where options for User CP and Memberlist are) shows up with "Your Blog | Post To Your Blog | Blog List | View RSS Feed | Blog Control Panel" options.

4. Registration to Profile plugin. At completion of user registration, user is automatically redirected to edit their profile options.

5. Social Groups Plugin - Disables VB's natural inclination to force people to sign-in to view groups. Instead brings users to a default page which will allow them to see groups by category and new groups. When a user comes to a page where they'd have to post, they'd be forced to login. When logged in, a normal "VB BAR" (like where options for User CP and Memberlist are) shows up to bring you to a "My Groups" page. This page is seperate, but shows the current my group details that are seen by a user when they currently login.

6. Pictures Plugin -- Pictures are too confusing to casual users. The pictures area needs to show friends' albums, new friends' pictures, recently uploaded pictures, and "all albums" (though this could just be a natural extension of the "all albums" plugin, I suppose.)

I realize the SQL strain that this plugin may cause.

In essence, this is a suite plugin to change vB from a forum into a social networking community. Or at least, bring it one large step closer. On our end, graphical mockups of what we're looking for on the frontend will be provided at project start to streamline process.

Thanks.

Closed Thread