Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2356 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Newest Logos

Thread title: Newest Logos
Closed Thread    
08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Redders is offline Redders
Expertise:
Software:

Redders is on a distinguished road

Old  Newest Logos

I have made a few logos and would like comments and criticism on them please, all three can be found here:

http://fm-base.co.uk/redders/mywork.html

Thanks you.

08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

The fonts seem rather hard to read. Perhaps more direct attention on read ability than gradients and crap you can put around the text?

09-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure why you are finding the fonts hard to read, i think most people should be able to make them out quite clearly :S.

09-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Sacred M is offline Sacred M
Expertise:
Software:

Sacred M is on a distinguished road

Old

the fonts are clear, there fine, i like the third on better

09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Stealthstorm is offline Stealthstorm
Expertise:
Software:

Stealthstorm is on a distinguished road

Old

Of course the fonts are readable, if someone can't read it he/she needs (new) glasses. But I don't like the effects on the font so much, less effects would be better...

09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I was referring to the harsh color transitions he applied to the text. Thank you for reading the first few words of my comment, and then slapping your counter opinion on top without thinking.

09-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I get what you mean about the colours/gradients or "crap", but your sentence read, "the fonts seem rather hard to read" implying that the actual style of font was difficult to read, not the text itself.

Thanks for the comments, all are appreciated.

09-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Redders View Post
I get what you mean about the colours/gradients or "crap", but your sentence read, "the fonts seem rather hard to read" implying that the actual style of font was difficult to read, not the text itself.

Thanks for the comments, all are appreciated.
Nit-picking my comment doesn't make your logos not look horrible. Theres not much I can give you in the way of constructive critisim on these because I could write over 3000 words on what you need to fix to make them presentable. I'll just go over the portion I originally mentioned since so many wanted to comment on it.

They are terrible when it come to effects. Sure I'll give you credit, you put some thought into what each logo should have(well kind of. crown with crownhost.. hmm); however as far as the color scheme/gradients go, they are presistant kind of with the theme. The effects is what murders your logos.

The gradients need removed, they don't help anything but create a difficult read time. The fonts mixed with the gradients, yes i said fonts, create even a harder thing to read due to the way you used them. A bolder font or one captilized would of created a much more professional logo with the same exact gradients incase you are deadset on keeping the bad effect(figuring you are). But you're right, because I mentioned fonts and effects and not text and effects, it makes my opinion not valid and your logos great.

09-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
The gradients need removed, they don't help anything but create a difficult read time. The fonts mixed with the gradients, yes i said fonts, create even a harder thing to read due to the way you used them. A bolder font or one captilized would of created a much more professional logo with the same exact gradients incase you are deadset on keeping the bad effect(figuring you are)
I'm not 'dead set on keeping the bad effect', i wouldn't of asked for comments/criticisms otherwise...i want comments so i can make my logo's better.

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
But you're right, because I mentioned fonts and effects and not text and effects, it makes my opinion not valid and your logos great.
Did i say that?....no i don't think i did. I didn't get what you meant by saying the fonts are unreadable, as they aren't, the fonts themselves are clear and i was just clearing it up with you in my last post, thanks.

And thanks again for the reply.

09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

you need to explore concepts further -> crown hosting gets a crown icon? anyone could have done that. you should go deeper. this feels more like icon work than identity because of all the effects.

Closed Thread