Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1906 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

What are your thoughts on these two domains?

Thread title: What are your thoughts on these two domains?
Closed Thread    
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Matt is offline Matt
Expertise:
Software:

Matt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matt Send a message via MSN to Matt Send a message via Yahoo to Matt

Old  What are your thoughts on these two domains?

Hey everyone,

I have two domains expiring and I am not sure what I should do. I have never done anything with them besides let them get closer and closer to their expiration date.

The first domain is www.imageuploads.org. I registered this domain incase I started an image hosting site and couldn’t find a better name.

The second domain is www.wimpyplayer.org. I really had no intentions for this domain. There is a suite of scripts created by Plaino that use the name Wimpy. The programmer has the domains www.wimpyplayer.com and www.wimpyplayer.net registered.

Should I just let them expire? Should I try and sell them? Are they even worth more then the registration fee? Could I sell www.wimpyplayer.org to Plaino for a decent amount?

Oh, Wimpy/Wimpy Player is not a registered trademark and Plaino is not a registered company.

01-19-2007, 09:53 PM
LeeP is offline LeeP
Expertise:
Software:

LeeP is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to LeeP

Old

Imageuploads.org you could sell for a decent amount i think. I don't know about wimpyplayer, either sell it to the programmer or let it expire.

01-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

I doubt the programmer will buy the domain off you. If he didn't register it when he registered the .com and .net, then it's highly unlikley that he will want to buy it off you for anything over registration fee.

As for imageuploads.org, you might be able to get something for it, but nothing above low-mid $xx, as it's not a very attractive domain, and the extension doesn't help either.

01-20-2007, 07:40 AM
azariy is offline azariy
Software:

azariy is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't think you'll be able to get much money for them. These domains must be developed if you want to get a decent fee for them.

01-23-2007, 04:59 AM
surreal is offline surreal
Software:

surreal is on a distinguished road

Old

As with most domains they're not going to be worth much unless they have traffic already. Although imageuploads.org could sell for a decent amount, but I doubt wimpyplayer.org will be of much value.

You should at least try to sell them just incase

Closed Thread