Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 652 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

what about that one?

Thread title: what about that one?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

No. That's how you perceive him to be. And yes, it definitely is sometimes about age. So many of you are so young, and have never worked in a seriously multicultural environment. You haven't been taught sensitivity and understanding in a business setting, and you jump to conclusions. When someone doesn't speak your language as their first language they use whatever terms they can to try to express themselves. English is one of the most ridiculously complicated languages out there. And I don't care what he said. If your parents didn't ever teach you to respect your elders, then don't expect any respect back from them. He didn't immediately attack everyone criticizing his work. When truly constructive criticism was given, rather than just blatent insults (constructive criticism involves explaining what someone can do to fix the problem) I've seen him act grateful, not spiteful. I can't say the same for the rest of you. Does it make you better if he says something rude and you jump on him the same way? That's what truly shows your age ... or like you said, your own behavior.

zprod69: Excusez mes franglais s'il vous plait, mais j'ai voulu faire des excuses pour l'immaturité sur cet site web. Je promets que tout le monde ici n'est pas grossier et enfantin aussi. J'espere que cette stupidité finit bientôt.

02-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

That's definitely how I perceive him, maybe it is because his lack of skill in english that he's unable to communicate with us in a proper way. However that doesn't change how I perceive him.
English isn't my first language btw..

02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Then you, more than most people here, should be even more respectful and understanding, not less. Just because someone isn't great with English, doesn't make their communication improper.

02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
flez is offline flez
Expertise:
Software:

flez is on a distinguished road

Old

Even though you were an university teacher, I think you still have some things to learn about designing for the web.

First, your images all looks very low quality. Just take the "Welcome to Ed Davin's portfolio", the one with the yellow background. This image SHOULD be saved as gif. It only has 2 colors, maybe more because of the anti-aliasing, if used as it's hard to tell, but the filesize will be greatly reduced while keeping a very good image quality.

Second, this is a PAINTER's portfolio, and a portfolio is to show the author's work. But now, it doesn't look very good due to the compression you did on the paintings' JPGs. Even if the size will be bigger, this website's goal is to show the work, so to accomplish the goal, the work should be shown properly.

At least, compared to your other work, this website has some structure and it's the same in all the pages, except the Biography page, which you should change so it does not look like it's on another site.

Originally Posted by jhmattern
Then you, more than most people here, should be even more respectful and understanding, not less. Just because someone isn't great with English, doesn't make their communication improper.
Actually, it can change a lot on how you understand what people says or what you say. My first language is French as well, and when I first visited forums, it was sometimes hard to understand and communicate in english. And it can happen that you say something that you think is correct but it may not really mean what you think it is.

02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Benjamin is offline Benjamin
Expertise:
Software:

Benjamin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Benjamin Send a message via MSN to Benjamin

Old

zprod69: Excusez mes franglais s'il vous plait, mais j'ai voulu faire des excuses pour l'immaturité sur cet site web. Je promets que tout le monde ici n'est pas grossier et enfantin aussi. J'espere que cette stupidité finit bientôt.

Excuse my French please, but I wanted to say sorry for the immaturity on this web site. I promise that everyone here is not coarse and childish too. I will make sure that this stupidity finishes soon...
I wouldn't really call them immature, if you look at the posts with constructive criticism he has lashed out of them. Take a look at page 2, many people gave some good criticism of problems with his site, and he basically called them hot shots and posted a site to piss them off - one full of everything that they told him he could improve on, just to get reactions.

I also find it offensive that you're calling us 13/14 year old's immature, Im 13 turning 14 on the 15th of February, do you think I am immature? Thats just stereotyping, and I dont appreciate it...

Yet at the same time, many of you take postings about things like business law from 12 and 13-year olds as the gospel truth!
No one on this board is 12 years old, and I doubt any 13 year old "kids" such as myself are posting anything about business.

For the most part it was the older ones..so next time once you get into an debate about certain things, get the right information.

Im outta this topic, its just a big flame war..

02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

First of all, please don't quote me incorrectly. I did NOT say "I will make sure this stupidity finishes soon...." I said " I HOPE that this stupidity stops soon." Don't make it sound like I'm making a threat. Yet again, it just makes it look like a communication problem on your end.

02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yes. I am saying you're immature. I'm not saying you personally were acting immature. I don't even recall specifically saying 13-14 year olds were immature. The comment about immaturity was directed to everyone here who was acting that way.

My comment about 13-14 year olds had to do with business law as an example. Again, you're putting words in my mouth. And I personally find it very offensive that anyone here, in what's supposed to be a professional forum, would act the way so many people have been acting.

And yes, actually there is at least one 12 year old on this board, or at least they're listed as such. I've come across them in numerous threads recently. I know they're supposed to be 13 to post, but either they're not, they lied about their age, or something was incorrectly posted somewhere.

And the next time you decide to make a comment, you're the one who needs to read more carefully. You mis-quoted me several times in your response, in order to make your points. If that's not immaturity, I don't know what is.

The simple fact here is everyone here should be a professional and be as respectful to others as possible. It doesn't matter who started it or who misunderstood what.

02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

smitten you are dishonnest i never wrote that so call quotes

02-09-2006, 11:06 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

i am letting it go it start to be muddy here.smitten you are running out of argument so you arefabricating "quotes" .this is a lie . you are digging your "grave".
we are far away from the thread here. thank you jenn for your support.
but smitten wanna win at any price so i gve him all.
It does not change a thing. i had a good time .
thank you.i am going to unsubcribe and let him yapping alone .
is that what you want to be left alone? ....so be it.
i am coming here to make friends not to fight.

02-09-2006, 11:47 PM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

mn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mn Send a message via MSN to mn

Old

It seem slike zprod is a 12 year old nerd that decided to set his age to 48 and create a story about him being a teacher. Your site is outdated and looks like crap, there i said it for you. You ask for constructive critisicm then you must expect negative becouse thats the only way you improve. Your sentence structure is absurd and incorrect. If your teaching Photoshop in school, i suggest you quit before you get fired. A teacher needs qualifications and with your grammar, i wouldnt accept you to teach 3rd graders.

You came here in the new community, your a stranger therefore you have no right to disrespect anyone. You havent even earned your respect yet but there you are trying to take it from someone who is highly respected. I suggest you get straight before someone sets you straight.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >