Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1586 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

Implement an SSL with PHP

Thread title: Implement an SSL with PHP
Closed Thread    
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Xaxen is offline Xaxen
Expertise:
Software:

Xaxen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xaxen

Old  Implement an SSL with PHP

Okay, my background with PHP and Webdevelopment is extensive, but not complete. I've always stayed away from shopping carts and the like. Now I'm being forced to use one to accept payment for this product. Pretty straightforward stuff really. The question I have is how the heck do I secure this badboy from Hackers and the like? The site is hosted on GoDaddy.com (not my choice), and they offer SSL Certificates. Is this a good place to start? What do I do with it once I have it? Is it an include or something? I really have no idea what to do with this thing.

Any help would be amazing. I'm so out to lunch when it comes to this...even if you could point me to a website that you know of which contains this kinda info. Thanks guys/gals.

Chris

01-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Yes, SSL is a must for online shops.

Your shop must be secure, especially if it stores creditcard details etc... Be sure to use md5 etc... with logins.

01-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Dray is offline Dray
Expertise:
Software:

Dray is on a distinguished road

Old

SSL is basically the https:// thingy which means that the site is encrypted. You don't really need it for the whole site. Just the bit where CC information is passed to your host and to your gateway.

To get SSL you need to contact the host and ask them to install it. For now you can generate the key and certificate by yourself from cpanel then give those to the host. They will also need to assign a dedicated IP to the domain. Finally you need to buy a verified certificate from many providers and ask the host to change the certificate and you're set.

I used Thawte and recommend them.

01-17-2006, 05:42 AM
<Isurfr> is offline <Isurfr>
Expertise:
Software:

<Isurfr> is on a distinguished road

Old

01-20-2006, 07:38 PM
thedude is offline thedude
Expertise:
Software:

thedude is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Xaxen
Okay, my background with PHP and Webdevelopment is extensive, but not complete. I've always stayed away from shopping carts and the like. Now I'm being forced to use one to accept payment for this product. Pretty straightforward stuff really. The question I have is how the heck do I secure this badboy from Hackers and the like? The site is hosted on GoDaddy.com (not my choice), and they offer SSL Certificates. Is this a good place to start? What do I do with it once I have it? Is it an include or something? I really have no idea what to do with this thing.

Any help would be amazing. I'm so out to lunch when it comes to this...even if you could point me to a website that you know of which contains this kinda info. Thanks guys/gals.

Chris

If you can provide a little more details about your intentions and what are you planning on starting, I can be able to assist you on this.
Regards

Closed Thread