Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1550 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Thread title: Rules, Rules, Rules...
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
05-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

True? banned?

That's pretty nasty.

We are big Ogre's here but we can be sweet and nice too

05-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Your little joke was not necessary in a thread Robson has posted to get the members acting more maturely.

I moved BOTH of those threads!!! Just because I don't click the "read receipt" link when reading threads doesn't mean I don't take immediate action! When I click the "read receipt" link it crashes and closes my Firefox every time, making me lose where I was browsing, therefore I don't acknowledge "read receipts" any more!! Marc feels exactly the same way I do, based on his post, I am a humble person and have already apologized, no need for you to jump on the bandwagon, it was between Marc and I and we dealt with it maturely.

For your information I don't think that being a moderator entitles me to talk to others rudely, do what I want and run around with a "God" complex. Being a moderator means each time I go online I check the dozens of reported threads from the members, try to stop the spammers, ban unruly members, calm down volatile situations, move the countless threads you members can't seem to post in the correct forums. Then try to find some personal time in here just browsing and having fun with the rest of the community, and helping it grow in a positive manner.

I agree with you 100% here

Funny.

JamesH, please get your facts right, and please don't try and get seen.to on your side when you have acted immaturely and been told off, that's just childish.

I am here for the community, if the members don't act appropriately they get told off, or warned, like you did.
I don't see being called "smartasses" being told off in the respectable manner that you as a moderator is supposed to emit. The community is supposed to be loose and will turn into that community that c_programmer was talking about if you don't allow the members to express themselves. I did not touch one of the rules upon posting that comment. It could have been inappropriate, but those comments are what make forums and communities so great. As far as I'm concerned, we broke no rules, I personally made a serious comment about it about two posts up from the post, and you as the moderator are not really obliged to tell me whether I acted immaturely or not.

05-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

I personally think Julian, seen.to and the rest of the moderators do a great job, this community is probably the best i've been part of and without the moderators, this place would have gone downhill a long time ago.

05-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Spawny
I personally think Julian, seen.to and the rest of the moderators do a great job, this community is probably the best i've been part of and without the moderators, this place would have gone downhill a long time ago.
Yeah, I agree.

05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Cole, JamesH no disrespect but I'd stop digging if I were you. There is a time and a place to joke around, this thread was created because so many people were breaking so many rules and it's the "joking around" posts that more often than not end up throwing threads ofcourse and making more work for Julian, Seen.to, the other mods and me. I'm all for having a friendly laugh on the forum but please, try to respect that

Thats enough about that anyway, lets leave it there If we can - Lets just all do our best to keep this place the great community we all know it is

05-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

why are we all complaining about a few possibly unfair moderations? thats like5 out of 500, thats pretty good if you ask me

05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Your little joke was not necessary in a thread Robson has posted to get the members acting more maturely.

I moved BOTH of those threads!!! Just because I don't click the "read receipt" link when reading threads doesn't mean I don't take immediate action! When I click the "read receipt" link it crashes and closes my Firefox every time, making me lose where I was browsing, therefore I don't acknowledge "read receipts" any more!! Marc feels exactly the same way I do, based on his post, I am a humble person and have already apologized, no need for you to jump on the bandwagon, it was between Marc and I and we dealt with it maturely.

For your information I don't think that being a moderator entitles me to talk to others rudely, do what I want and run around with a "God" complex. Being a moderator means each time I go online I check the dozens of reported threads from the members, try to stop the spammers, ban unruly members, calm down volatile situations, move the countless threads you members can't seem to post in the correct forums. Then try to find some personal time in here just browsing and having fun with the rest of the community, and helping it grow in a positive manner.

I agree with you 100% here

Funny.

JamesH, please get your facts right, and please don't try and get seen.to on your side when you have acted immaturely and been told off, that's just childish.

I am here for the community, if the members don't act appropriately they get told off, or warned, like you did.

Julian, your post did not sound like that of a 34 year old man. Now it is my turn to get some facts straight, like you asked me to do. Each paragraph that you made has an explanation below, with spaces inbetween symbolizing the next paragraph.

It was not my joke, it was coles.

Next, i'm sorry for not knowing that it crashes firefox every time you open up the PM's... Maybe you should update FF, because mine does not do that. Also, i'm not jumping on a bandwagon, i'm stating my opinion.

Did you read my last sentence? If you applied to that last sentence, that means you disregard that whole paragraph. I apologize if you didn't realize that.

I'm glad you agree.

Other than when i laughed, please tell me where i have acted immaturely (and since when is laughing considered immature?)

I need to get this straight, am i officially warned? I need to know so i can be on my best behavior, for i wish not to be banned.

Overall, i wish you could receive PM's, so we could handle this. I hope for a response soon.

Regards,
James

05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Old

Very sorry Julian. I'm a fan of loose environments and understand that sometimes things have to be stricter for the purpose of growth.

My post before this was a quick one right after I woke up and I wasn't thinking properly.

06-02-2006, 04:04 AM
jjre65 is offline jjre65
Expertise:
Software:

jjre65 is on a distinguished road

Old  moderators

i am new to the forum and have made a few mistakes without realising what i was doing. Moderator Bazza replied to a post and to my pms and was extremely helpful and considerate. Any newbie unsure of forum ettiquette should post asking for help from a moderator....from what i have read and experienced they are essential to the life of the forum!
cheers, jjre65

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4