Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1504 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

php / mysql script ideas.

Thread title: php / mysql script ideas.
Closed Thread    
10-03-2005, 12:30 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old  php / mysql script ideas.

Hi,

I have recently started looking into developing some internet related software (forums, link exchange scripts etc., I have been thinking for the past few weeks and have come up with a few good ideas.

I eventually decided that it would be a good idea to ask around and find out what there is a demand for.

So, I ask you… what software would you like to see developed? Is there anything that you need but isn’t currently on the market?

Note, all software will be written in php and mysql.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Jon

10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
UrlTrends is offline UrlTrends
Expertise:
Software:

UrlTrends is on a distinguished road

Old

Do something completely unique. e.g. don't compete with our services

No, in reality, there are already dozens of "forums, link exchange scripts etc.". To make coding an app successful it either needs to be completely unique or you need to add some really cool new features to an already existing concept.

I like the unique approach becasue if the idea takes off then you have the satisfaction of knowing that it was your idea. But, adding cool features is less of a gamble and might be safer.

10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I completely agree UrlTrends, entering a market that is already saturated is never a good idea.

The “forums, link exchanges scripts” bit was just used as an example. My ideas for scripts are completely unrelated to them. I was just trying to give people an example of the kind of software I was talking about.

The reason I am making this post is so I can test the waters and actually see what there is a demand for.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not too sure on the unique side but I know there is a demand for blogging scripts, everyone and anyone blogs. Directory's, less bloated forums, image hosting scripts are also high in demand although they all are probably over saturated already.

10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks for the reply sysblnk.

10-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

To slightly correct myself, if there are only one or two providers then you can offer a product almost exactly the same as them. If there are any more than that then it needs to offer some sort of unique twist on it to stand out from the crowd.

Jon, are you willing to share any of these ideas here? I am sure you will be able to get some feedback from the members here. However, if the ideas are really good, don't tell anyone here, just begin making it.

10-03-2005, 01:05 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well.. one of the ideas that I have (this project has already been started and should be good to go on Monday) is a “banner management script”. The script is mainly aimed at medium to large websites that spend a lot of time replying to emails from people who want to advertise on there site, agreeing on a price, adding the banner to the website, removing the banner after the campaign is complete etc.

When setup, this script will allow users of the website to register… add funds to there account using paypal, then with those funds they will be able to run banner campaigns on the website without the website owner actually doing a thing.

The website owner can set a price for banners (usually CPM), then the user can add as many banners as they like until the funds in there account run out. They can then re-add funds as and when they like.

There is also a section where users can check on the status of there banners. Impressions + clicks etc.

I think a script of this nature will be a god send to any website owner selling advertising space on there website. Me included.

The other idea I had isn’t such a good one as the market is already half saturated… The script will allow website owners to let there users register for @domain.com email address. A lot like hotmail and gmail. This idea is still in the planning stages.

The way i look at it, its all about marketing.

10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

jon,

Your first idea is a good one. Just make sure that it is also flexible. Personally I would only consider your solution if it also allowed a ppc model. I would also be more interested if it allowed me to do other ad formats like text ads, html ads, etc.

Your domain one would require a lot of integration with control panels/servers OS's. It can still be a good idea if you are able to implement it right though.

Good luck.

Closed Thread