Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 992 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Flash header/banner

Thread title: Flash header/banner
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
danmoore is offline danmoore
Expertise:
Software:

danmoore is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi Tracyl,

I'm getting an error saying "SWFObject is not defined" - What i then tried to do was visit http://lambs.awardspace.com/swfobject1-5/swfobject.js which also returned a 404 error (could not be found).

where abouts is your current site sitting in referance to your JS? are you calling it from the correct location ie: is there are folder inside of your "lambs" directory called swfobject1-5? I believe this is where your problem lies.

Unfortunately this is as far as i can help for the moment, as I'm unaware of the structure your folders are in on the server.

Cheers,
Dan

10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Tracyl is offline Tracyl
Software:

Tracyl is on a distinguished road

Old

Dan, that may have been the issue. I changed the path slightly, reuploaded it and it show the flash banner working now. So do you think that that the plain jpg image will show now for someone not able to view flash?

One more question. Do I go through all of the same steps for each website I build with flash in it?

Thankyou very much for you help. I appreciate it
Tracy

10-25-2007, 11:58 AM
danmoore is offline danmoore
Expertise:
Software:

danmoore is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi Tracyl,

One way you can test for whether SWFObject embed method is working correctly is to enable/disable javascript on your browser.

I've just been to the website and tested yours and it is working fine - good work

In terms of doing the same over and over - Once you get the hang of how it works it's really a straight forward process and will become second nature.

If you save a copy of the javascript file somewhere where you can use it again, this will also become easier to access - so that everytime you want to embed another flash movie you're not trying to remember the location where you downloaded the file from.

I hope I've helped not only yourself but others who are interested in learning this method of embed.

I find it to be a very valuable tool and until something better comes along, i plan on using it for a long time.

There are quite a additional options you can use that method for - one i mentioned earlier about passing variables into your flash movie to initiate and interact with your movie better (great for items where you want the same movie to act slightly differently on certain pages - just assign a varable to an object and action and difine it's actions inside the clip.) etc.

Plenty more to learn - the first link i provided (download link) has quite a bit more information on other things you can use SWFObject for.

Cheers,
Dan

10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Tracyl is offline Tracyl
Software:

Tracyl is on a distinguished road

Old

Cheers!

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2