Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 994 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Advertising on TF back up and running

Thread title: Advertising on TF back up and running
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
07-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
From my understanding, Google are only trying to improve their algorithm to counter "[b]uying or selling links to manipulate results and deceive search engines. TalkFreelance's text links on the homepage are there as a source of advertising income, right? (Rather than trying to trick Google with keywords.)

Why not use a rel="nofollow" as Google suggests, for your advertising links? Those links won't count as backlinks to the advertising site, so there's no worries about messing with the ranking algorithm. Unless I've misread their advice.
I doubt anyone would be that interested in text links that don't pass any PR or "respect" to another site. Since this announcement I have stopped taking text link ads because it may hurt TF. The links there are not paid links anymore.

I am currently working on a system ( infact its been over a year and half in development ), that will be a lot better for advertising/promotion than any of this. Obviously its a big and very complex system, but should be launched in Beta soon - TF members who qualify will be asked if they wish to Beta Test.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3