Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 871 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

NEW TALKFREELANCE DESIGN - Feedback & suggestions wanted.

Thread title: NEW TALKFREELANCE DESIGN - Feedback & suggestions wanted.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

You too, NJ.

01-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Michael C is offline Michael C
Expertise:
Software:

Michael C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Michael C

Old

Just wanted to point out a few nice features DigitalPoint has these days. Was on there for the first time in a while but they added a proper marketplace, icons for posters (makes it easier to find threads), your own blog rss for your updates under your name, premium member benefits such as a directory link. I particularly like the RSS and use of profile images.

They have a few annoying semi useless features as well but they definitely added some nice new ones.

Thanked by:
Artashes (01-19-2012)
01-19-2012, 05:03 AM

Old

Originally Posted by mikka23 View Post
Just wanted to point out a few nice features DigitalPoint has these days. Was on there for the first time in a while but they added a proper marketplace, icons for posters (makes it easier to find threads), your own blog rss for your updates under your name, premium member benefits such as a directory link. I particularly like the RSS and use of profile images.

They have a few annoying semi useless features as well but they definitely added some nice new ones.
Thank you so much for the ideas.

We hope to overhaul the marketplace completely by making it a custom application. This will allow for flexibility in features and further development.

I also hope that we'll be able to integrate not only blog's latest post (that is actually a very old feature of DP) but possibly Twitter and some other social networks into users' profiles or posts. The location of where and how this data will show up exactly is yet unknown.

01-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Michael C is offline Michael C
Expertise:
Software:

Michael C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Michael C

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Thank you so much for the ideas.

We hope to overhaul the marketplace completely by making it a custom application. This will allow for flexibility in features and further development.

I also hope that we'll be able to integrate not only blog's latest post (that is actually a very old feature of DP) but possibly Twitter and some other social networks into users' profiles or posts. The location of where and how this data will show up exactly is yet unknown.
Nice to hear. What's the status update if there is one (in terms of the new design and logo progress)?

PS lack of padding under quotes annoys me immensely on this design.

01-19-2012, 05:52 AM

Old

Nice to hear. What's the status update if there is one (in terms of the new design and logo progress)?
I just got to see a developer's version (if I may call it that) of the coded design. Looks solid overall, but there are still lots of details that need to be corrected, some modified, some likely added/redesigned by Chris. That kind of work comes down to attention to detail.

PS lack of padding under quotes annoys me immensely on this design.
Don't even start. This has been my #1 pet peeve since the start.

02-08-2012, 01:30 AM
TaeKwonJoe is offline TaeKwonJoe
Expertise: Designing & Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

TaeKwonJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

.message table { margin-bottom: 15px; }

That'll fix it for you.

Thanked by:
Artashes (02-15-2012)
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Stan is offline Stan
Software:

Stan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stan

Old

Don't know what the status so far is, but the pagination needs to be squared in my opinion. Nothing else about the design has circular design, so I would think the pagination would be best if it was similar to the rest of the design

Thanked by:
Artashes (02-15-2012)
05-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Samshelton22 is offline Samshelton22
Software:

Samshelton22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Ultimately what has happened is a feud within the community has stopped all form of progress on a new site theme.

You cannot please everyone, you can only please a few. You have to make administrative decisions in order to create progress. Those who grumble will continue to grumble, you just have to deal with it.

But let's get back to the actual problem here - this place is dying. There is no incentive for us to come here. All I see is Artashes has purchased a dying site, made plans to make it better, but there has yet to be any sort of action. This place runs like the government, and no site (or corporation) should ever be run like the government.

A long time ago I purchased a gaming community called Slayers House. The community was dying, and I realized that. I contacted the admin of another struggling community, proposed a plan to merge our communities together, and we did. The new community was called Villain Gaming, and it was bustling with activity until I decided I didn't want to be a part of it anymore to work on Zems full-time (http://www.zems.com) and then left it to the other admin, who pretty much let it die.

Part of why Villain Gaming was successful for a short time was because I encouraged marketing. This means I brought on board a graphics artist from within the community to create sigs, wallpapers, etc. and that brought traffic from places like deviantArt, reddit, other gaming sites, etc. We as a community pitched in to fund our own VG clan for Red Alert 3, and they placed in the top 15 the first month of RA3 clan wars.

I have little to no experience on how to run a freelance forum or how to market it. I'm just saying that this place is obviously dying and that eventually TF will follow suit in the shadow of ClanTemplates (when I go to clan templates.com, I get a database error, meaning the admins don't even care anymore about the site). In case you didn't know, ClanTemplates used to be a bustling site for gamers and web devs alike, and the marketplace used to be bustling just like TF's marketplace.

Times are changing, and if you can't compete then you die. If you don't know how to compete, well then there's your first problem and you need to do research on how to fix it.

Thanked by:
Artashes (05-05-2012)
05-05-2012, 05:57 AM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Samshelton22 View Post
But let's get back to the actual problem here - this place is dying. There is no incentive for us to come here. All I see is Artashes has purchased a dying site, made plans to make it better, but there has yet to be any sort of action.
The marketpace here hasn't been particularly good since the start of '06. This place has an ongoing draw in the cast of characters who come and go

Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6