Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 953 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Site logo, fusion 64

Thread title: Site logo, fusion 64
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Wish is offline Wish
Software:

Wish is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe
Nice work, but in my view could be better with a few modifications.

To be quite honest, I don't think that the white stroke on the test tube and bubbles of the last (and best) prototype are doing the piece any justice. Try a version without those strokes.

Also work on the typography (name and slogan) as it is just not sitting very well. The slogan is too close to the site name, and could do with some more contrast (remove the gradient and use just the light blue colour?)

As with any logo, the acid test is to remove all fancy presentational techniques. Try your last logo but in simple white-on-black to see how it all works together. Try playing around with the slogan because as it stands at the moment, it is putting the whole thing out of balance (visual weight) to the left. There is alot happening on the left (big, strong logo) which is continued through the big, bold site name but continue right and it all fizzles out into the light-weighted slogan.

My suggestion? Make "Fusion 64" the same vertical height at the white box sitting underneath the test tube and obviously increase its width accordingly. This gives you enough room to push the slogan completely beneath this new standalone graphic+name group. You'll also notice that the slogan is roughly (play about a little) the same width as the graphic+name group which puts things into a much better balance as in the attached diagram. (Sorry, but I like sketching out diagrams.)
Now you don't often get feedback like that, go Salathe

09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Wish
Now you don't often get feedback like that, go Salathe
Thanks, I'm here to help when I can.

09-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Killer is offline Killer
Software:

Killer is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe
Nice work, but in my view could be better with a few modifications.

To be quite honest, I don't think that the white stroke on the test tube and bubbles of the last (and best) prototype are doing the piece any justice. Try a version without those strokes.

Also work on the typography (name and slogan) as it is just not sitting very well. The slogan is too close to the site name, and could do with some more contrast (remove the gradient and use just the light blue colour?)

As with any logo, the acid test is to remove all fancy presentational techniques. Try your last logo but in simple white-on-black to see how it all works together. Try playing around with the slogan because as it stands at the moment, it is putting the whole thing out of balance (visual weight) to the left. There is alot happening on the left (big, strong logo) which is continued through the big, bold site name but continue right and it all fizzles out into the light-weighted slogan.

My suggestion? Make "Fusion 64" the same vertical height at the white box sitting underneath the test tube and obviously increase its width accordingly. This gives you enough room to push the slogan completely beneath this new standalone graphic+name group. You'll also notice that the slogan is roughly (play about a little) the same width as the graphic+name group which puts things into a much better balance as in the attached diagram. (Sorry, but I like sketching out diagrams.)
thank you for taking your time to write such usefull feedback! I will try what you suggested as soon as i return home. i really appeciate this an i will post an update.
thanks

09-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Aaron Moody is offline Aaron Moody
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

Aaron Moody is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Aaron Moody

Old

Looks great, all flows well, nice color choice and nice vectoring Like last best

09-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Killer is offline Killer
Software:

Old

bleh i dont like it

09-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Winters is offline Winters
Expertise:
Software:

Winters is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Winters Send a message via MSN to Winters

Old

Version 1 imo.

09-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

They are all ok efforts so far, but for the word fusion I visualize nuclear energy.

What sort of business is the logo for? what will the logo be for (web, print, identity, everything)? what sort of money are the clients paying for the logo?

All of these will determine what your end product will look like.

09-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Killer is offline Killer
Software:

Old

its for a personal web design site, ya...

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2