Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1866 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Salathe Stepping Down (Finally!)

Thread title: Salathe Stepping Down (Finally!)
09-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old  Salathe Stepping Down (Finally!)

Hi folks,

For a very long while now, I've been hanging around this place to help keep it tidy, relatively spam-free (so many hundreds have been the victim of the big-red-button). All the while, a few have wanted to help out either by volunteering for staff (Vizon) or making their opinions known in the public discussions about this place and how it is run. On both counts, they've not contributed anything noticeable (in improving contributory activity or decreasing the content that we don't want) — neither have I really.

I'm personally sick and tired of wasting my time on this place, time that can be far, far better spent doing other things (from contributing to a community that I've not lost faith in, to doing more work, to having more free time… the list goes on).

So to this end, I've demoted myself from the admin position here and will no longer be making any attempt at moderating and in all likelihood won't be hanging around for any other reason than the dwindling idle banter. This place is just not a nice place to be anymore.

Concerning who to go to now with anything staff/moderating/admin-related then I guess that would have to be Vizon (he's not spending much time here, as is evident from the time I was away over the last month so don't expect too much from him) or Jeff at a push, the latter still having admin privileges but isn't around very much at all. You could always get in touch with Big Zee if you want to talk to the real owner, haha!

Guess that's all for now.

Salathe

P.S. This is posted in the S & F forum simply because I can't make the thread in the announcements forum and well, it is sort of feedback.

09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Jeroen G is offline Jeroen G
Expertise: Website design
Software: Photoshop

Jeroen G is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I understand, talkfreelance sucks..
What other community were you referring to btw?

09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Poor, you look like last one from the crew. I still can`t believe that such a big community can fall down just like that. I came here like 2 weeks ago coz i have heard it`s the best forum, looks like we can say it only in the past.

Why owner keeps his rights if he no longer care about it. :/

09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Stylized View Post
What other community were you referring to btw?
There wasn't one in mind when I wrote that: I don't really have any long term connection with another forum like I do with here.

Originally Posted by Trim View Post
Why owner keeps his rights if he no longer care about it. :/
If the site can bring in a little pocket change each month with absolutely zero input, then why not keep hold of it?

09-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Very sad to see you go, Sal. But I can't really dispute your logic.

09-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

I am no admin, but I feel your pain. I have been on staff the least amount of time and know exactly where you are coming from, just being here this short while I have had my fair share of countless spam deleting and dealing with the other pointless banter that tf gets itself into.

This will be the falling out of what was one of the best.

I truly applaud you for how long you have lasted, and think you will be great addition to any forum in the future.

09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
If the site can bring in a little pocket change each month with absolutely zero input, then why not keep hold of it?
You know, sometimes ppl put sth they created over the money and resign from little money (if it keep going forum will totaly fail) to make their creation continue working.
I think that would be satsifaction, but it seams thats not gonna work, whats more there are offers that somebody buy this forum so...

oor - Conrad, what`s the forum in your sig ?

09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

Originally Posted by Trim View Post

oor - Conrad, what`s the forum in your sig ?
PM'ed. Lets try to keep thread on topic, if anyone has questions not relating to Salathes departure then please us PM

09-24-2009, 12:59 AM
jasonm56 is offline jasonm56
Expertise: xhtml/css, jquery, php, mysql
Software:

jasonm56 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jasonm56

Old

About a year ago (or whenever I joined) I noticed a lot of awesome content, and people were a lot more active. I learned a TON on this forum. I came here without even knowing what css was. Now I've done a few websites for PAID clients and I'm even starting to learn WP, PHP and MySQL. A lot of the best people left, bringing this place down. I think who ever is in charge needs to just advertise on more current websites to attract newer, more knowledgeable people to this community. The potential is DEFINITELY here, just more people need to provide content (unlike me, I always ask questions, instead of help, because I'm still learning).

I just checked, and I joined a little over 2 years ago. I went and looked at my first comments and its funny how much I've learned from pretty much just this place alone. Awesome stuff is here.