Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1696 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Questions to New Owner

Thread title: Questions to New Owner
Page 6 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

I'm glad to know the extent of your plans, Artashes, but I think that these changes need to come sooner. Also I think that this forum needs moderators for different sections that are responsible for the posts inside their sections or a global moderator who goes through all the posts. I've wanted the title changed for a thread of mine that I posted 6 days ago. Maybe no one read it because it's boring or something =|.

07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
I've wanted the title changed for a thread of mine that I posted 6 days ago. Maybe no one read it because it's boring or something =|.
Which thread was this?

07-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Fez is offline Fez

Old

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Which thread was this?
I was hoping that now I had actually complained, you guys could just go click on "Find all posts by user" and see it, but whatever: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=72267

07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
I was hoping that now I had actually complained, you guys could just go click on "Find all posts by user" and see it, but whatever: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=72267
Done.

Best way to go about it if you cannot edit your own thread, is to use Report Post function. I try to scan every post for content, but spelling/typos/grammar is something we probably won't be able to catch quickly.

I will look into why you couldn't edit it. My guess is there is a time limit to editing posts/thread titles in effect.

07-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Fez is offline Fez

Old

It's not a time limit, I think your registered users are set to not being able to edit thread titles etc by default. Keep that setting, it's good.

07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

If things haven't changed with the software since I was around, editing the title of the first post in your thread does not edit the corresponding thread title. The number of times I've been asked to edit a thread title for some typo or such, is uncountable.

07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
JimH10 is offline JimH10
Software:

JimH10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

The issue is not the software, it's the lack of staff that's actually enforcing the rules, and handling things as they should be handling them. Report feature is good, for reporting bad threads, arguing within the threads, bad thread titles, and etc. But if the staff were doing their jobs to begin with, they wouldn't need the report feature.

Why should a member complain about their thread title issue in another thread that doesn't pertain to that similar issue? Why does it take so many times to get it handled? Why does it take me or anyone else, to post or add to a post what should be done? These things should be handled already, by the staff... They should be covered and handled, once a staff person logs on here. If they see something not right, go over it amongst other staff and handle it. If they have a questionable issue or post, ask the next higher staff member about it. All these issues and people asking about issues in a non-related post shouldn't be happening.

Even the worst ran board online, has some staff doing work and know what they're doing for it. Wake up, get some good breakfast in the morning and stick to your goals.

07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

JimH10, so you pick out on person who had a thread issue go unnoticed... Not only that but the OP didn't even report his thread to have it resolved. Congrats.

I've sent in who knows HOW many reports on posts with sig spam, threads just for spam and various other reasons. I see none of those posts/threads available anymore as they've been taken care of.

Truthfully, I don't agree with any of the mods coming in to look/search for spelling and/or grammar mistakes. It happens and they shouldn't try to perfect the forum into something it's not. So as far as those little mistakes, I don't care if they go untouched. It happens. But for anything else that requires attention: I've reported it.

Must be easy to complain about TFL so often and know the inner-workings of everything after being a member with so little activity. Surprising? Nope.

07-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Back to "questions to new owner": so, your staff team has literally tripled in recent days---any indication of your plans for them, any specific areas they're targeting, etc. ? (the answer, "No" is allowed)

You're not doing very well at keeping the members updated with your thoughts. The announcements threads say nothing in particular, only that those folks are joining the moderating team. This thread says nothing new since over a month ago and even then the "plans"--if you can call them that--said equally little. To summarize for those too lazy to look back; 1. approached a few designers for a new skin (where have we heard this before?) 2. we'll continue to moderate (well, ok) and get some new faces in July (check) 3. contests and "tricks" (that's right, tricks!) to increase activity. I'm confident stuff is happening (is it?) but we're not behind-the-scenes, we don't know your amazing plans to revive this place (unless 1, 2, 3 are they).

And finally a real question to new owner: what is your favourite colour?

07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
hakem is offline hakem
Software:

hakem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to hakem

Old

just a note : in a forum we have like 40 mods and 200k members , only one mod was making the whole forum active the whole year , when he just left the forum became almost dead . even the Owner the other mods and the members are less active now

Page 6 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >