Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1644 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Transferring a domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy - What happens to email?

Thread title: Transferring a domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy - What happens to email?
05-11-2013, 12:47 AM
MQS1000 is offline MQS1000
Software:

MQS1000 is on a distinguished road

Old  Transferring a domain name from Network Solutions to GoDaddy - What happens to email?

I remade a website for a friend on GoDaddy (newdomain.com). His old website is on Network Solutions (olddomain.com). I want to transfer the domain from Network Solutions to Go Daddy so that when users go to olddomain.com it shows the new website I made. I've never transferred a domain name before, so I have some concerns before I do.

His entire company uses theirname@olddomain.com as their emails. I don't want anything to happen to their emails when I transfer and I still want them to be intact. When I sign on to the Network Solutions account and click on the olddomain, it says:

OldDomain currently points to:

Domain Name Server (DNS) ( Edit )
DNS1.NETTICA.COM
DNS2.NETTICA.COM
DNS3.NETTICA.COM
DNS4.NETTICA.COM
DNS5.NETTICA.COM

So is this a third party in which the domain name olddomain.com is hosted on? When I asked a guy on the phone he said the emails are hosted on Nettica as well. The whole thing just confuses me. If someone can clear this up I would greatly appreciate it.

05-11-2013, 07:18 AM
cdd.hosting is offline cdd.hosting
Software:

cdd.hosting is on a distinguished road

Old

I believe that GoDaddy can help you in domain transfer for free