Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1475 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Managing Your Own Website or Hiring Someone?

Thread title: Managing Your Own Website or Hiring Someone?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
freeme is offline freeme
Software:

freeme is on a distinguished road

Old  Managing Your Own Website or Hiring Someone?

If you are thinking of expanding your business into the online world, do you manage your own website or is it better to hire someone to manage the website for you? Let us consider that you don't have an idea about managing websites.

04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Middlewest is offline Middlewest
Software:

Middlewest is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, it depends on the type of website you want to run and how complicated it is. Generally I prefer to manage my own website for cost reasons. I don't mind to learn about it. Currently I have more time than money to invest.

04-24-2010, 10:52 PM
freeme is offline freeme
Software:

freeme is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with you about learning it. But there are many businesspeople who already have insufficient time with their brick-and-mortar establishments that they don't have time to manage the websites.

I guess learning about managing the website while having someone take care of it for the first few months is the best way to go with this one.

04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by freeme View Post
If you are thinking of expanding your business into the online world, do you manage your own website or is it better to hire someone to manage the website for you? Let us consider that you don't have an idea about managing websites.
This depends on your expertise and time restraints. If you have the time and are technically competent, then yes, I think its better to maintain your own website. A lot of small businesses looking to expand online aren't that fortunate however, and are forced to seek outside vendors.

05-23-2010, 10:31 AM
anemene is offline anemene
Software:

anemene is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
This depends on your expertise and time restraints. If you have the time and are technically competent, then yes, I think its better to maintain your own website. A lot of small businesses looking to expand online aren't that fortunate however, and are forced to seek outside vendors.
Yeah it also depends on how valuable your time is. Are your resources better spent elsewhere or would it be cost prohibitive to hire someone. That's a judgement call you have to make.

05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
noboss is offline noboss
Software:

noboss is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah I agree with Steve that it depends on your expertise and time constraints. If you work within a tight budget while managing website is not your expertise, I think using a free CMS is a good solution.

06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
chapman is offline chapman
Expertise:
Software:

chapman is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by freeme View Post
Do you mean "manage" like doing the order fulfillment and handling details of processed payments? A smart business owner could learn to do those things easily enough, if a web store with a decent back end was installed.

Or do you mean "manage" like you would set up your own online store from scratch? The folks I've known who have tried to DIY that kind of thing, with no prior knowledge, have put a lot of time into getting enormously frustrated.

07-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Androidfan is offline Androidfan
Software:

Androidfan is on a distinguished road

Old

Suppose I have neither enough expertise to build and manage my own website nor enough fund to hire someone to get them done (I do ), I would go for a free ready-made CMS, template and shopping cart to build and manage my website.

07-14-2010, 06:46 AM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

I personally like to do it myself until it gets too hectic to manage it. I then outsource the work to others and move on to other projects.

07-14-2010, 04:23 PM
MegaLancer is offline MegaLancer
Software:

MegaLancer is on a distinguished road

Old

I have never managed my own website before, but if that is what it came down to I would probably just do it myself. That way, my site is in my own hands. I don't have to hire someone to do it for me, and I also don't have to worry about what they may do to it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >