Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2800 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

I'm away for a week or so

Thread title: I'm away for a week or so
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Dream is offline Dream
Expertise:
Software:

Dream is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Old

Good luck mate, Spend the earning wise'ly

- Lewis

03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Great news Julian, take it easy buddy and have a good one.

03-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Work hard, have fun and congrats on the jobs.

03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Josh.UK is offline Josh.UK
Expertise:
Software:

Josh.UK is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds great! You will have to show us all what you did once its done. Good luck on seeing out the contracts!

03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Digit is offline Digit
Expertise:
Software:

Digit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Digit Send a message via MSN to Digit

Old

Have a good time.

Congrats on getting that job

04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Cheers everyone, here's an update:

Project 1: Have completed initial meetings, secured the contract and initial 33% deposit. Working on the logo redesign for them. So far have spent close to 16 hours with them. Most time spent has been on communication and needs analysis, as these are top priorities in securing and keeping good clients. Give them fantastic service over and above their expectations and you have a client for life. Because I am a part time freelancer I have budgeted 3 months for this project.This is a business association that I am working with so it takes them a long time to respond.

Project 2: Completed initial meetings, secured the contract and deposit. Have provided them with their new logo, the concept was accepted on Tuesday, just waiting on colour revision acceptance. Once the logo is complete then there will be another round of meetings to further discuss the website. These are slow people to respond because they are a resource centre and everything has to be appoved across the board, so it may take some time to complete this project. Spent around 8 hours so far on this project.

Project 3: Completed initial meetings, secured the contract and deposit. Completed the logo/business card concepts and waiting on approval. Website concepts have been presented, waiting on approvals. These are also slow people to respond so it may take some time to complete this project.

I have also been having talks with three other clients, one for a personal website, one for a business website and one for an online portfolio. Two are looking pretty positive, the third is dragging the chain a bit.

"When it rains it pours!" is a saying I think of a lot now I am enjoying the fullness in my calendar and in my bank account, I am enjoying the pressure of dealing with multiple clients alongside working my normal job. I thrive on being busy, I enjoy the challenge and growing in this way.

Here's a little secret for those of you wanting to boost your positive responses from clients: after each and every meeting, whether you have the contract or not, send your client a thankyou card for the opportunitiy to present your views/concepts/contract etc. Also include a small gift on signing of the contract, the cost of the gift depends on the size of the contract. Don't give them your merchandised product as a gift (pens, mugs, mousepads etc), try to give them something personal like flowers for female clients/groups, fruit baskets etc for guys/mixed groups.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2