Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1395 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Browsers and Operating Systems :

Some People Hate Vista, I Don't!

Thread title: Some People Hate Vista, I Don't!
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Randy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Randy

Old

Here is the problem with vista and microsoft in general.

1) Vista is too graphic heavy
2) vista is encrypted which is why people choose not to use macs as it is encrypted.
3) There are no major upgrades to vista from xp besides the graphics which is not needed it is just a way for them to make companies who want to make software for it pay for a license and get more money from you. If you look deeply into Windows 2000-Vista they are all exactly the same features except for how it looks, and up from windows 2000-xp some backend fixes which can easily be done by upgrades if you think about it.

They are becoming apple which people seem to hate, but its stupid they set out to be the Personal Computer not all up and crap like mac, dont get me wrong i love mac but vista is being just dumb.

Thats my 3 cents.

Best Regards,
Randy Cram

03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Encore is offline Encore
Expertise:
Software:

Encore is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Encore Send a message via AIM to Encore Send a message via MSN to Encore Send a message via Yahoo to Encore

Old

Originally Posted by Randy View Post
3) There are no major upgrades to vista from xp besides the graphics which is not needed it is just a way for them to make companies who want to make software for it pay for a license and get more money from you. If you look deeply into Windows 2000-Vista they are all exactly the same features except for how it looks, and up from windows 2000-xp some backend fixes which can easily be done by upgrades if you think about it.
That's entirely wrong...! Vista features new filing systems, indexing systems, kernels, administrative features. Then, along with this is brings a newer, better mail system, a nicer user interface, better media management, better filesystem browsing, more handy tools such as BitEncryption, better multi-user capabilities, better plug-n-play, directx10, etc. etc. etc.

You can not say it is the same operating system with new clothes on - that is simply unfounded and untrue.

But they haven't got it quite right yet, IE7 is a nightmare and the memory management in vista is **** poor.

04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
mightywarrior is offline mightywarrior
Expertise:
Software:

mightywarrior is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mightywarrior

Old

The only thing I don't like on Vista is the interface and skin. I seriously don't want to have a glossy black skin on my comp.

Other than that, I haven't encountered any problems except several programs not working (unnecessary programs btw).

Heavy games such as COD4 and Gears of War runs better too.

04-21-2008, 02:51 AM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

JulesR is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Randy View Post
1) Vista is too graphic heavy
Why is this a problem? The "graphics" you mention are now handled by the graphics card, and not the CPU, so there should be no performance degradation at all.

2) vista is encrypted which is why people choose not to use macs as it is encrypted.
This didn't make sense to me. Please rephrase?

Wrong on many levels. As already stated by others, there are many (thousands) of underlying changes to the Kernel and other areas that you perhaps won't ever notice. Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there

The jump from 2000 to XP was as "significant" as XP to Vista, in terms of underying code changes.

05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Requiem is offline Requiem
Software:

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Old

Vista is a perfectly viable operating system.

I too read tons of negative reviews about it - Sites like Digg (members) seem to relish in attacking it (granted, not all of them, but it seems like some sort of sport to the majority to hit on Vista).

I purchased a new, pre-built machine which came loaded with Vista Home Premium (if I'm honest, I didn't have any intention of purchasing it as an upgrade as I was happy with XPSP2)...

I was a little sceptical but I can honestly say I've not found one thing that I don't like (that I can't either configure to my liking or turn off all together).

I've used every single Microsoft OS and have my pet hates about each - Vista on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air from the get go.

I've not had one serious OS crash/lock up - I've been able to control any issues that have arisen and it runs generally very smoothly.

I jumped on the Ubuntu bandwagon when it first started rolling - I like the OS, but a Windows replacement it is not.

05-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Lil Rush Lil is offline Lil Rush Lil
Software:

Lil Rush Lil is on a distinguished road

Old

"as long as you have enough RAM to handle the graphics" microsoft sell laptops/computers with 256mb ram or 512 thats not enough to handle vista
i would say you need more then 1gb to run properly

05-04-2008, 04:30 PM
AHStanford is offline AHStanford
Expertise:
Software:

AHStanford is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to AHStanford Send a message via MSN to AHStanford Send a message via Yahoo to AHStanford Send a message via Skype™ to AHStanford

Old

I'm still on Vista, but I hate it and wish I could go to Linux, but I have to stay here to do my work. As soon as I can do it all on Linux, you'll find me on Kubuntu.

05-04-2008, 06:06 PM
MediaVolt is offline MediaVolt
Software:

MediaVolt is on a distinguished road

Old

I am with Requiem. I bought a pre-built machine loaded with Vista. It was actually cheaper for me to buy a machine running on Vista than it would have been to buy a machine running on XPSP2 because all the computers were being converted. I really like Vista.

06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
kimsonsolutions is offline kimsonsolutions
Software:

kimsonsolutions is on a distinguished road

Old

it's allright but too heavy , it's crazy to ask for at least 1 gb to run well

and an other thin that i don't like is the features that are added only to be present but that are not usefull , or badly-designed

06-05-2008, 02:49 AM
TonyTG is offline TonyTG
Software:

TonyTG is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been using Home Premium for about 7 months now, and it does take awhile to get used to it. I hated that even with 2GB of memory, it still seemed sluggish. I recently upgraded to 4GB (I know it doesn't see all of the 4GB) and it's more tolerable now.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >