Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1084 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Google disabled advertising on a website of mine..

Thread title: Google disabled advertising on a website of mine..
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM
AndyKerr is offline AndyKerr
Expertise:
Software:

AndyKerr is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyKerr

Old  Google disabled advertising on a website of mine..

So I received a message from Google stating that they had disabled adverts on one of my websites, because upon review.. they *noticed* that some content was copyrighted.

I initially stated, that I would highly appreciate a quick email before they shoot off making accusations about copyrighted material. (I'd like to think i'm fairly respected with Adsense, as I have high $xx,xxx in earnings overall)

They gave me an example to content, which is not even copyrighted. (I use that term, in the sense that typing the name "Microsoft" or posting a logo of "Apple" is copyright.. I have never received any contact from said company about it.. it is absolutley NOT an issue.. at all). I told the Adsense team, I take copyright infeingement very seriously. Perhaps they should let me worry about copyright claims, and they just stick to showing adverts on my website. If a company was to email me about any copyrighted content, I would remove the content immediatley. (Btw, it's not like it's a small site that is just hiding from the company's eye.. the site receives around 2,000,000 page views per day)

I guess down to their shear ignorance, i'm likely to lose out on several days earnings.. and possibly even losing the advertising for that domain permanently.

Brilliant.

Had to get that off my chest.. and to possibly see what people's views are on what's going on?

I guess alternatives are to look for alternative advertising companies. On a seperate note, ValueClickMedia wont reply to any of my emails.. so it looks like i'll be giving them a call in the morning.

Andy

09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Bad times.

Definitely look for an alternative! Adsense rates are truley down the pan.. run some affiliate offers and become a mighter baller, dawg. (:

Oh yeah, Google still owe me a couple grand. The mofos.

09-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Gareth_Boyd is offline Gareth_Boyd
Software:

Gareth_Boyd is on a distinguished road

Old

Adsense did this to me, but after a few months if not a year I re-registered when I relocated my office... so a new office and new projects enabled me to get a new account!

09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

They do usually give a notice, wonder why they did'nt send you one. Cause I received two notices for two of my sites, stating that I had 3 days to remove adsense from the sites or else they would disable the ads themselves. I kindly did, although in no way was I doing anything against the tos. An appeal did'nt help either.